Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What is the most epic thing that has ever happened to you?

For me? It's being mistakenly declared dead. Thankfully, I wasn't "dead" for long. The only thing I remember clearly is the look on the nurse's face when I came to. She turned whiter than my bedsheets.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Replies (101-110):
terramarie
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:30 PM
I'm 21 and he is 25. I was 15 and he was 19 when we got together. We are expecting our first baby anyday now

Quoting Earth_Mama90:

How old are u? We hit six yrs in December:)

Quoting terramarie:

exactly this! We were hs sweethearts and still goin strong! Been almost 6 years

Quoting Earth_Mama90:

I'm gonna have to say my df. I'm not trying to be corny but we met and had a child young and he's never left me. He is there with me through everything no matter how angry and hurtful I am to him. He pays for everything while I'm just a lazy sahm. He is a pretty epic part of my life

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
metalhealthmom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:37 PM
9 moms liked this
I saved a homeless guy's life. I visited him in the hospital and when he got out, helped him apply for jobs. He had an interview so I let him use my place to take a shower. He ended up getting a job at Starbucks and is now a manager. I always get free coffee when I go in that shop. Hes one of my husbands best friends now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina18
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Epic? Hmmm...

I've done some pretty amazing things in my life, but nothing that qualifies as "epic" lol

angelhart3
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:44 PM

hugsGod Bless you....

Quoting Mackenzie40:

To many of those.
Loss of parents (not at same time)
My own heart attacks b4 I was 22 and subsequent open heart
Death of a child
Etc. Etc
Its amazing what we can survive.

starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:47 PM
:( wow

Quoting brittani:

Running from the cops they were out to get us in my town. Seriously. Weren't in real trouble just some stupid cops that yelled at us for riding our bikes on the sidewalk and then yelled at us for riding in road and he tried to arrest us. So anyway were running and a truck starts to back up and hits the cop. Its dark he had a blank trench on over his uniform. We stop and laugh at him and ride off. That was awesome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:48 PM
That's amazing

Quoting metalhealthmom:

I saved a homeless guy's life. I visited him in the hospital and when he got out, helped him apply for jobs. He had an interview so I let him use my place to take a shower. He ended up getting a job at Starbucks and is now a manager. I always get free coffee when I go in that shop. Hes one of my husbands best friends now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:49 PM

giving birth to my firstborn, 24 years ago today!

Mrs.VanDeKamp
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:54 PM

ah man now i am crying, omg wow, i wonder if that is what my little sister experienced the 4 times she has coded on us so far.....

Quoting sherry132:

I had the flu but didn't realize it was the flu. We moved from Oklahoma to Kentucky. In the move I got over tired etc and developed pneumonia in my lower right lung and in the upper part of both lungs. We moved into a horrible little apartment that apparently had a mold problem, but it was supposed to be only for a few weeks until we had a house. Anyway, it was bitterly cold, snowing and sleeting, and I had to get the kids to school. I got behind a truck with bad exhaust and was breathing that in. With the pneumonia and the flu, I couldn't actually smell it but was trying to take deep breaths because my lungs weren't getting enough oxygen. 

I took my daughter to school and my son and I went to Burger Kind so I could get him breakfast. While I was there the manager suggested I go directly to the hospital which was across the street from Burger King. I took my son to school, 8 miles from the hospital, and then decided I really needed to be checked. On the way I was breathing exhaust from another vehicle again. By the time I walked in the ER I collapsed. My right lung was seized completely open and full of carbon dioxide. My left lung was only working at 60%. 

They rush around and load me on a gurney and rush me back. Before they could get me on the table, I passed out completely. There was a lot of yelling and I could tell people were freaking out. There was beeping too, a horrible long beep that they wouldn't shut off. Then it got real quiet. Just this wonderful warm peace. I was so happy there in that peace and love. 

Then I felt the shock, the pain, them pushing on my chest. Then I felt the peace again. Just when I thought I could finally rest, the next shock came again. Someone was yelling my name. I heard my ribs crack, I felt the needle go in my chest, I wanted to scream but couldn't get a breath to scream. Everything was spinning, and spinning, and I wanted so badly to go back to the peace, where I didn't hurt. 

When I finally got that breath I felt like I had been robbed. I was so angry. In those minutes, I never had a thought about my kids, parents, husband, no one. I just wanted to be in that peace. I've been fighting death my whole life. I don't want to fight anymore. I have felt that peace. I just don't want to fight dying anymore. 

Quoting Earth_Mama90:

What happened if u don't mind me asking

Quoting sherry132:

Actually being dead for more than three minutes. They had to resuscitate me twice that day. They almost called it when I took a real weak breath on my own.

You'd think I would be grateful but if anyone allows the doctors to use paddles or does CPR on me again, I'm going to get even when I get over the broken ribs and sternum. 

BraydensMama163
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:00 PM
I witnessed and helped stop a grown man from kidnapping and running off with.my cousin who was babysitting. I flipped a 4 Wheeler landing on top of me and dragging me down a hill. A tree as big as my arm stopped it from pulling me into a creek, when I got out from under it I realized my pinky toe was dangling by the skin, umm finding out at 19 I was developing cervical cancer and needed surgery and still managing to get pregnant 4 months later, being proposed to, saying I do, lots of things.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flywifey86
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Other than the birth of my sons- the time I went to get had with like five dollars in my pocket and a guy next to me have me fifty dollars for gas and left...he said to praise God and pass it on! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN