Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What is the most epic thing that has ever happened to you?

For me? It's being mistakenly declared dead. Thankfully, I wasn't "dead" for long. The only thing I remember clearly is the look on the nurse's face when I came to. She turned whiter than my bedsheets.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Replies (141-150):
Gossipfoodie28
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Googling my name and finding out that the man I had always thought was my father actually wasn't. I found the divorce decree with my mom's name and my biological dad's name. Brought my world crashing down, totally epic in the worst way.

Zanny
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

How would your mother know that your grandfather sent you back??

Was she there too??

Quoting skyelyns_mommie:

Finding out on Easter Sunday that when I had my second brain surgery in 2008 I died and when to heaven then my grandpa sent me back because it wasn't my time. I have no memory of this or that day and my mom finally decided to tell me

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Nothing really great but I've had several epically bad things happen. 

I was in a car wreck and got a head concussion and an inner ear one also. the next day my friend that was driving called me hysterical she was getting harassing phone calls so she was screaming and as i was trying to calm her down i heard a pop and then screams. Turns out she had a gun and it went off. her three kids had seen it happen. she died on the way to the hospital.

I had a misscarrige at about 18 weeks and almost bled to death. all the machines were going off my hemoglobin was down to 5 and falling my bp was 60/40 and had to get two blood transfusions to save my life.

the last thing was when i was in labor with my ds they called my dh out of the room he came back later visibly upset. he didn't want to tell me what happened but eventually told me. Our apartment had burnt down and it was a total loss.

that wasn't the end of it though. I wound up needed a c section and then developed complications and was in the hospital almost a month. by the time the released me with a newborn and our dd who is special needs I was still trying to recover and had no place to go. we had to find a place to live in 3 days and my dh was only able to take off work a week and even though i was still really bad off he had to go back to work because money was so tight. we had to replace everything. it was the most horrible time of my life. 

Petyonsmommy
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:48 PM

im sooo freaking JEALOUS!!!!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Dierks Bentley, Zac Brown Band, and Randy Travis....FREE! (hard to see, but that's Dierks on the screen)

Randy Travis

Zac Brown Band

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on May. 3, 2012 at 8:51 PM

A little thing called Merle Fest, every April...this year was the 25th anniversary. Vince Gill was there this year, but I couldn't get a baby sitter on a Thursday night this time, Allison Krauss (spelling?? LOL) is usually there every year. I did go and let the boys do all the stuff for kids that was there on Saturday though.

They do it at Wilkes Community College (where I went to school) and DH and I have a friend that works there...he gets 12 free tickets for working there, to give out to family and friends :)

Quoting Petyonsmommy:

im sooo freaking JEALOUS!!!!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Dierks Bentley, Zac Brown Band, and Randy Travis....FREE! (hard to see, but that's Dierks on the screen)

Randy Travis

Zac Brown Band

.betty.white.
by bilf on May. 3, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Movers stealing our shit. 

BNic517
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband is a 10 club member too! We're huge fans! Closest he's gotten was 6th row!

Quoting momtolittleg:

OH!  Hubby is a huge Pearl Jam fan and got tickets thru the fan club for a show at Virginia Beach.  You don't know what seats you have until you pick them up at will-call.  They reserve several rows, including the front row, for a lottery drawing for fan club member tickets.  Guess who won the lottery???  Our seats were front row, center.  It was AMAZING!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
art.diva
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Nothing really, at least not yet.

skyelyns_mommie
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:36 PM

because i told her he sent me back. she said i was telling her what heaven looked like and could tell her what my grandpa and great grandma looked like even though they were both dead long before i was born and i had a message for her from him. she said i kept begging to stay but he told me it wasnt my time and sent me back to her.

Quoting Zanny:

How would your mother know that your grandfather sent you back??

Was she there too??

Quoting skyelyns_mommie:

Finding out on Easter Sunday that when I had my second brain surgery in 2008 I died and when to heaven then my grandpa sent me back because it wasn't my time. I have no memory of this or that day and my mom finally decided to tell me

1. survivor of domestic violence ( 01-06-2010) and child abuse. 

theres always a light at the end of the tunnel, we just have to find it :)

❒ Taken
❒ Single

✔ Mentally dating an anime character ( death the kid :) )

say what you mean, and mean what you say become those that mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

anon1986East
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:00 PM

When I was 16 I fell from a third story balcony which hadn't been finished, it had no railing up yet...I hadn't had anything to eat that day and a sudden feeling of passing out came over me, I started to dry heave and passed out - somehow managing to fall from the edge of the balcony. I hit the roof over the porch then rolled off until I hit the ground. I had broken ribs which punctured my right lung. When I came to in the hospital my husband told me I was either immortal or had a guardian angel because this was not my only injury which could have potentially killed me but it was the one case where I wish I had it on camera.

Now I stay away from anything that has the potential of me falling from it and I've developed a serious fear of heights. Last week DH was laughing at me because I had to climb on the kitchen counter to reach a shelf and got too freaked out to climb back down. At least my kids think my scars are cool.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN