Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What is the most epic thing that has ever happened to you?

For me? It's being mistakenly declared dead. Thankfully, I wasn't "dead" for long. The only thing I remember clearly is the look on the nurse's face when I came to. She turned whiter than my bedsheets.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Replies (201-210):
raeyliNlilysmom
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:52 AM

lol giving birth without meds...twice...idk thats the only hurtful thing I rememberrrr lol.....sorry Im boringggg :P

raeyliNlilysmom
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:52 AM
1 mom liked this

also IM GLAD YOURE ALIVVVVEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3

TessB
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:53 AM
My parents dying. I think that is the most epic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nverheyn2011
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I think the most epic thing that ever happened to me was my mom and I were driving home in our truck from our family vacation in the southern tier of WNY, and we were jamming to cab callaway (i was actually singing along too at the age of 9) and a wasp flew in the window on the highway and stung me on the tip of my nose. Scared the ever living out of me. And of course, my mom grabbed it and threw it on the floor. A few minutes later I felt it sting my leg as it was crawling back up me.

Alwaysmotivated
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Wow, that seriously sounds like a movie! truely an epic experience.. Not too much can top that, as being declared dead..Wheeeew..

Alwaysmotivated
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM

with luck like that you need to play the lotto.  Girl, you could be rich as well, never know..

Quoting isleysmom:

OMG!! Friends is my all time favorite too. I have seen every episode multiple times and still crack up when I watch it. What episode did you watch being taped?

Quoting smtxcowgirl:

Hmmm...I have 2 epic things actually.

First one is winning an all-expenses paid trip to L.A. To see a taping of Friends and to be a walk-on. It was (and still is) my favorite show, so that was pretty exciting. That was in March 2002.

2nd thing is winning front row tickets to New Kids on the Block the morning of the concert during their reunion tour in 2008. I still can't believe it happened.

bluejupalex
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Let's see.....saving my daughter's life when she choked on something as an infant.  Saving my mother's life (twice) when she quit breathing. 

Having a janitor from my old high school come into my ER because he'd tried to commit suicide.  He'd cut his throat from ear to ear with a tobacco knife (similar to a carpet knife only much larger).  We tilted his head back to try to put a breathing tube down his throat, but we could see down his actual throat where he'd cut himself.  We looked at each other, shrugged, and put the breathing tube in the incision he'd already made.  When we got him stabilized enough, we airlifted him to the nearest trauma center.

When he recovered, he came back to visit with us.  He couldn't talk - and would never be able to talk again - but he thanked us for saving his life.  That was pretty cool.

Having a stranger die with his head in my lap at the side of I-75 in Ocala, FL.  He'd been in a wreck and was bleeding profusely from the mouth.  I knew there wasn't anything I could do to help him, but his family was understandably hysterical.  They begged me not to leave him, so I stayed with him and talked and prayed with him until he died. 

StarLight23
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM

BUMP!

angelhart3
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:10 PM

hugs

Quoting Nee86:

Giving birth prematurely and watching helplessly in the back of an ambulance as my son passed away. Then having to tell my husband once we got to the hospital that Wyatt didn't make it :.(

Tigress22304
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:14 PM

im sorryI'm sorry for your loss momma

Quoting Nee86:

Giving birth prematurely and watching helplessly in the back of an ambulance as my son passed away. Then having to tell my husband once we got to the hospital that Wyatt didn't make it :.(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)