Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Idk, Mil sometimes gives us stuff she doesn't want anymore, or things she thinks belong to us(9 times out of 10 they didn't). Anyhow I was looking for dds old year book  and I came upon a bag full of photo paper, there were also some stickers, and a photo album.  Well I was rather surprised about the photo Album, because well I gave it to her.  It was a Mothers day gift if I remember correctly.  it was really pretty, so Idk I thought she would like it, apparantly not.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:43 AM
Replies (11-20):
Whisper85
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:57 AM
Maybe she thought it was yours? Idk never had that happen. Maybe ask her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cherish77
by Cherish on May. 2, 2012 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this

lol, dh thought it might be funny to give it back as a gift and see if she noticed. idk, I might keep it, I got it for her, because I thought it was pretty and would have liked it if somebody gave it to me.

Quoting ffpm10:

Haha. No. And fuck. I need a mothers day gift for my mil. Want to send it to me??

HIJKLM
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:58 AM
I wouldn't think too much into it... If she's "always giving you stuff" maybe she has too much "stuff" to know what to do with it. Also, if she's like me, all her photos are neatly filed in shoe boxes and she has several empty, brand new photo albums.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cherish77
by Cherish on May. 2, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Its possible, it just kind of shocked me is all. Maybe I ought to put her name on future gifts.

Quoting lovelove211:

If I was close with her and she gave it back I would be a little upset. Maybe she forgot that it was a gift?

couponluv72
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:10 AM

my MIL just gave me back a christmas ornament i was very proud to have found to give her. she forgot i gifted it to her. meh, people cannot remember everything and i did not want to embarrass her saying anything. 

mommamimzy2
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:11 AM
Give it back this year for mother's day :) lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatgirl70
by Carin on May. 2, 2012 at 2:17 AM

She probably forgot you gave it to her and didn't think anything of it.

MixedCooke
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Nope, my MIL never uses anything we buy her but puts it aside to re-gift!!  It is annoying, so now I just give her gift cards and the only problem with that is she turns around and buys things for my daughters, but hey if that makes her happy then it is what it is!

whoda007
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:40 AM

No, maybe it just wasn't her taste. No big deal. But if it bothers you say something to her.

Supervane
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:44 AM
Don't feel bad I once spent $300 on D&B bag for MIL and she used it once. And then she threw it in her good will pile. Now all she gets from us is crappy stuff for her bday, mothers day, and Christmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)