Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you give your child's teacher a gift at the end of the year? *ETA what I'm doing!*

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:08 AM
  • 29 Replies

DD will be ending preschool next Thursday for the year. Last year, I had no idea you were supposed to bring a gift for the teacher and felt really awkward showing up on the last day surrounded by parents walking in with balloons, flowers, chocolates, gifts, and so on. I'm trying to think of what I should bring in as a gift.

Are you bringing your kid's teacher a gift? If so, what are you bringing?

ETA:

Ok Ladies I think I've figured out what I'm going to do! DD has two preschool teachers and I am on somewhat of a budget so I found this idea on Pinterest:

A s'more supply bundle and each a gift card to buy lunch at their favorite lunch place (it's listed on a sheet somewhere)

HERE  is a link to Pinterest with a ton of ideas (watch the links on the pics though, if they look fishy don't click on them)

by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:11 AM

I did until middles school. I always sat down and wrote them a thank you note for inspiring my child , and all the hard work they put in as a teacher.I have given CGs to book stores, GC to Dunkin Donuts, chocolates.

couponluv72
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:13 AM

we give the teacher and classroom aid each a walmart gift card in a small amount. something to at least help with the supplies they have to buy all the time

kristyann
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:14 AM
No, I do one at Christmas and valentines day. And then they have teacher appreciation week like two weeks before the end of the year and you send in different things everyday that week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southern.momof2
by Mel on May. 2, 2012 at 8:16 AM
No I don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj23
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:17 AM
I was thinking about giving one this year, they've earned it with the way my son has acted sometimes. I just have no clue what to give them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissa632
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:18 AM
I'm not doing it this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connorsmommy120
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Yes, I do. I forgot in preschool but, for his Kindergarten teacher we gave her a flower basket, and a card. This year I don't know what I'm going to get his teacher. I think we're going to etch her name into a glass coffee cup, and get her a Starbucks card. For his Teacher assistant, whose last day is Thursday we got her crayons, markers, glue sticks, pencils etc. and then some of Connor's old books. For her to use when she starts teaching.

bebe_ju-rah
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:19 AM
A box of chocolates, a handmade card from dd and a dunkin donuts $20 gift card. Dd is leaving prek this year too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wittyscreenname
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:20 AM

This year, we are, because I found 2 really nice Teacher coffee mugs. I'm also going to let them pick out cards to take them.

Another thing that I do (that I've done since preschool) is go get them on the last day of school and take a picture of them with their teachers. One of these days, I might actually make me a scrap book for them.

smushy79
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:22 AM

I havent thought about this actually. I will be checking back for more responses. I did get her a Christmas gift.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)