Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

dh has been up for less than 2 hours....

Posted by   + Show Post
..and is already taking a nap! I am getting so sick of this. He never spends time with ds and I, just lays around in bed and sleeps. He says he's not depressed and I don't believe its apnea (sp?) because I am up most of the night so I listen to him breathe too.

He workable second shift, and we generally wake him up around 8am after falling asleep around midnight.

He's becoming lazier and lazier and I'm to the point where I don't want to do anything for him since he refuses to do it for himself.

Of course, I'm the huge bitch because I am a sahm right now and he 'does all the actual' work (ie he gets paid). He doesn't see that sleeping all the time, not being social might be tearing our relationship apart.

Idk what to do. I guess I just needed to rant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Replies (21-29):
melissa632
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Yeah, it's frustrating. I tell dh all the time that we need more from him then just the bills being paid. We actually want to spend time with him. Let a friend in need call though...he's wide awake and all over that shit.

Quoting SapphireMomma:

He works in a wearhouse running a floor scrubber that he drives. It's not like he walks around all night. I'm just so frustrated.

Quoting melissa632:

What's my husband doing sleeping at your house? Lmao!

Really, my dh is the same. I know he works 6 days a week, but really, my 'job' is more back breaking than his. Then he gets home & is asleep in no time. On his day off, all he wants to do is sleep. Geez dude, you're a freaking window tinter, not an iron worker.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bunnywzrd
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I seen that. Get him to get his thyroid checked. If he is tired all the time then it may be that. When mine messes up I can sleep 12 hours a day and still be exhausted. I can only function for a few hours then need to sleep again.

Quoting SapphireMomma:

I said this a few replies back, bit he would sleep until noon and then on his days off he would sleep from 9pm to about noon again.

Quoting bunnywzrd:

He may need more than 8 hours of sleep. I have to have 10 hours before I can function completely. I would let him wake up on his own and see if he does any better.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination.
Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on May. 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM
he may have epstein barr virus which means you are basically tired 24 hours a day 7 days a week there is no treatment and there's no cure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:45 AM

my dh does the same. we don't do anything, go anywhere....we were supposed to look at a house last night. think he would go/ nope, he went to bed. 

amomynous_j
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:47 AM

have you told him how you felt?

it's not up to YOU to ensure the idiot spends time with HIS child. it's his loss..

it's up to YOU to decide whether or not you want to put up with it. 

Quoting SapphireMomma:

Then he would literally sleep until noon and leave for work at 1:20. Ds would be napping, and when he gets home ds is asleep for the night. So my husband should just sleep away our son's childhood away?

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Maybe you should let him wake up on his own, then he will feel better rested...

DBKels
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:50 AM
My dh does the same thing. It is frustrating. I understand once in a while needing a nap, but everyday?????? Then when he is awake, he calls his friend over to hang out. I feel like we never spend time together. Real quality time....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on May. 2, 2012 at 9:55 AM

How old is he and how long has he been working those hours?

I_love_doritos
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:57 AM
My dh works from 10pm to 5am. He sleeps until he wakes up at 3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kagegirl
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I would be as noisy as possible and stop doing things for him. PERIOD. No laundry, no food, no nookie, NADA.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN