Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Second baby shower?

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM
  • 3 Replies

I'm expecting my second baby in July, and it's also my second girl, my other daughter is 2 1/2. DH and a couple of my friends think I need to have a baby shower for this one, but I don't know if I want to. We saved most of the big things from when DD was a baby, and pretty much the only things we need to buy are little things like clothes and receiving blankets. Also, I don't have very many friends in this area, and the one close friend I do have is due around the same time and money is kinda tight for them right now. I just don't want anyone to make a fuss over me and I don't really see a point in having a baby shower this time. DH kinda thinks I'm crazy for this, what do you think?

by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on May. 2, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Who said a baby shower is all about gifts? I thought a baby shower was to celebrate a baby.......and receiving gifts is a plus lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DBKels
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:25 AM
I had a baby shower with both kids. If you don't need much, tell them. Just celebrate. I bet you need diapers, though. Have everyone bring diapers!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spmmmommie
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Just have the baby shower after the baby is born. That way you can have your friends and family meet your little one. That way you can all celebrate your baby together. that is how we had ours and I have four girls. We asked for donations for the local womens shelter instead of gifts that we didnt need, but only for those that wanted too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)