Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Monthly, how much doing you spend on?

Posted by   + Show Post

Clothes for the family? Lately I haven't been buying any clothes for anyone and we all look like scrubs. ha. But I think I need to increase my clothing budget. 

edit: I'm not implying that you look like a scrub if you dont buy new clothes all the time. But right now *I* am definitely scrubbin'! and need some new clothes! lol

by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Replies (61-70):
amomynous_j
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:16 AM

this.

Quoting Fairegirl33:

We don't have a monthly clothing budget... we buy them as needed, which isn't monthly.

fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:17 AM
I don't purchase monthly. I just buy as needed seasonally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:19 AM

even though we spend a lot of money on clothes that we probably shouldnt  at least I feel at least he wants to keep up his appearance even though we are married lol Ive always heard the stories of people who get married and then let them self's go lol

Quoting alismama10:

I can relate to that also!

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

lol that how my two are at 4 and almost 18 months :O) I thank my husband for turning us all in to shopaholics lol. But my husband grew up on all thrift store stuff and hand me downs untill he was old enough to buy his own and then he went crazy on clothes and shoes and never stoped lol.He only got a new pair of shoes once a year and that for when school started. I mean he knew his mom was doing what she could but now he love the finner things in life and he wants to make sure his girls have every thing .

Quoting alismama10:

IKR! my LO is a Nike & Puma girl! She so cute when we go shopping - she's only two and she sorts through the cloths racks like she knows what she's doing. I've created a monster bahahahaha

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

The way I see it at least we are wasting our money on stuff were actually going to use. my husband has a different pair of shoes for each out fit lol he is bad about it htough every thing has to match when he wears it he, has matching hats, shoes, shirts. an he only wears south pole, jordans or dc for shoes.  Our daughters have dc's and jordans as well lol I like Dc's personally.

Quoting alismama10:

Sounds like us lol...

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

honestly we spend about any where from 400 and up a month on clothing for all of use, we could spend wayy more though if we wanted to lol.

In april we spent along my husband took our daughter on daughter and daddy day out and I would say he he spent aroudn 100  and some thing just that trip. then he bought new shoes for him and I so that is anoth 100 and something. Then threw out the month we bought more clothing for our two daughters and our sselfs which my my husband wont shop any where but the mall when he shops so instead of running every where I do my shopping there as well. It gets pricey around here but we always have new clothes and shoes

ceejay1_iz_back
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:20 AM

MrsRinehart, thank you:)  I love garage sales, for this very reason;) 

No monthly budget, but it is just Hottie and myself...we buy when we need or see something we want:)

I am a HUGE fan of consignment stores!

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

honestly we spend about any where from 400 and up a month on clothing for all of use, we could spend wayy more though if we wanted to lol.

In april we spent along my husband took our daughter on daughter and daddy day out and I would say he he spent aroudn 100  and some thing just that trip. then he bought new shoes for him and I so that is anoth 100 and something. Then threw out the month we bought more clothing for our two daughters and our sselfs which my my husband wont shop any where but the mall when he shops so instead of running every where I do my shopping there as well. It gets pricey around here but we always have new clothes and shoes

lapcounter
by Super Mom on May. 2, 2012 at 11:20 AM
I spend between $100 and $300 depending on where we go :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoxoDanicaxoxo
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Quoting Fairegirl33:

We don't have a monthly clothing budget... we buy them as needed, which isn't monthly.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof1boy250
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I have a good job and so does hubby beleive me i have days where i am just in sweats and a t just like anyone else i didnt mean to make it sound like i am snobby and stuck up its just that i want my son to have it better then i ever did

MrsRinehart2010
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I personally love garage sales as well but since my husband grew up with ONLY hand me downs and thrift store items he hates them and will only shop at the mall. my husband knew his mom was trying considering she was raising all three of her kids with no  help. but now he wont even set foot in either places lol

Quoting ceejay1_iz_back:

MrsRinehart, thank you:)  I love garage sales, for this very reason;) 

No monthly budget, but it is just Hottie and myself...we buy when we need or see something we want:)

I am a HUGE fan of consignment stores!

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

amyrw
A year as a family of 3 we spend probably around $600 for clothes and most of that is for ds. He grows out of everything very quickly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alismama10
I never understood that. People, you're married, you had kids... your life didn't end geez! Idk, that's just how I see it. Yeah I may "bum it down" on the weekends but I am still presentable lol

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

even though we spend a lot of money on clothes that we probably shouldnt  at least I feel at least he wants to keep up his appearance even though we are married lol Ive always heard the stories of people who get married and then let them self's go lol

Quoting alismama10:

I can relate to that also!

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

lol that how my two are at 4 and almost 18 months :O) I thank my husband for turning us all in to shopaholics lol. But my husband grew up on all thrift store stuff and hand me downs untill he was old enough to buy his own and then he went crazy on clothes and shoes and never stoped lol.He only got a new pair of shoes once a year and that for when school started. I mean he knew his mom was doing what she could but now he love the finner things in life and he wants to make sure his girls have every thing .

Quoting alismama10:

IKR! my LO is a Nike & Puma girl! She so cute when we go shopping - she's only two and she sorts through the cloths racks like she knows what she's doing. I've created a monster bahahahaha

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

The way I see it at least we are wasting our money on stuff were actually going to use. my husband has a different pair of shoes for each out fit lol he is bad about it htough every thing has to match when he wears it he, has matching hats, shoes, shirts. an he only wears south pole, jordans or dc for shoes.  Our daughters have dc's and jordans as well lol I like Dc's personally.

Quoting alismama10:

Sounds like us lol...

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)