Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

f#&$! my 5 yr old may have to have.....

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:11 AM
  • 28 Replies
Her tonsils out. She has strep again, and again a double ear infection. One more round of antibiotics, if this doesn't work, the ped wants to remover her tonsils. He is worried about damage to her ears. Why does she keep getting it! Seriously its been about once a month!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Red227
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

You should be rejoicing!

If it's just tonsils, she's feel SO much better permanently.

No more frustration of getting so sick all the time!

Yes, it's surgery, but it's an average surgery with good recovery time for kiddos.

kimber2465
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:18 AM

dont know why she keeps getting it, but how ever it is better to do it now then later. i keep getting the same thing when i was in my late 20's. my family doctor wouldn't do anything except give more meds. i made an appt. with our ent for our daughter. when he got my records- he was like holy cow.  he took them out right before christmas-lol

it is rougher when u are older- 

Mrs.butterfly
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:19 AM

the only sst back to having toncils out is you have to be up every four hours for pain meds but after wards the kids feel so much better and sleep tons better as well my youngest boy had his out and he hardley ever is sick anymore with even a cold. So if your child has to have them out i would recommend you getting it done.

MrsRinehart2010
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:20 AM

getting your tonsils is a good thing lol then they dont have to go threw strep ever again lol. my daughter has only had it twice and they want her to have hers out but due to other health issues right now its not a option. so once we figure that out we will be getting rid of them

anthleesmom
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:21 AM

my son just had his tonsils and adenoids removed on april 17th, and he is only 3. i hope she gets better but if she has to have it done, just think it will be better for her.

Mama_Chels
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:21 AM

My doctor said they didn't do that anymore! I have abnormally HUGE tonsils & I use to get strep all the time, then after having my daughter it just stopped *knock on wood* lol

3lilmonsters88
by ★amber★ on May. 2, 2012 at 11:23 AM
My 2yr old had hers out in January. She hasn't been sick a day since. Some kids are more prone to it. They are better off with them out IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justahousewife
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I had my tonsils out when I was 9ish but it didn't stop ear infections. I'm deaf in one ear and have partial hearing loss in the other thanks to all the infections. 

LOL Not like that makes you feel any better but tonsils out is not an automatic cure for ear infections. 

3lilmonsters88
by ★amber★ on May. 2, 2012 at 11:24 AM
That they don't do what anymore? Remove people's tonsils?

Quoting Mama_Chels:

My doctor said they didn't do that anymore! I have abnormally HUGE tonsils & I use to get strep all the time, then after having my daughter it just stopped *knock on wood* lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daughteroftruth
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:25 AM
I had mine out at 13 I still get strep.

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

getting your tonsils is a good thing lol then they dont have to go threw strep ever again lol. my daughter has only had it twice and they want her to have hers out but due to other health issues right now its not a option. so once we figure that out we will be getting rid of them

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)