Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Things that annoy a cell phone rep!

Posted by   + Show Post
I work for a cell phone company. There are just a few things that drive me crazy when it comes to customers.
1. When you come in to pay a bill, please know what the phone number is. Or have a bill with you.
2. It's not my fault that you declined the insurance and broke your phone. No we can't add insurance after you break the phone.
3. When you bring a phone in to have us look at it, please inform us that you dropped it in a toilet before handing it over.
4. I don't want boob sweat on my hands, do please don't take the phone out of your bra right in front of me.
5. It's not my fault you didn't pay Your bill. Don't get pissed at me because the phone isn't working.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Replies (161-170):
xo.MommyW.xo
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Its not that difficult to learn your number, how do you give it to ppl? Seriously. Just lazy

Quoting gamomof3cuties:

I don't know my phone number I don't ever call my cell phone. The customer service agent could stop being a witch and look it up with my name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2FiveBoys
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Ummm, did you seriously say that people that come into the store have no common sense but your answer to their question was "um, you have to charge the it."  Really you have to charge the it!!! Wow and you say that we are the ones with no common sense!!!

blank stare

Quoting kimsamomof3:

And that's because half the time people don't use common sense before calling or coming into an office. (the idiot remark).
Example: "why isn't my phone working?" me: "um, you have to charge the it."

Of course, we don't know it all. But I am always happy to find the answers to any questions that I don't know.

Quoting kristyann:

Things customers hate about cell phone reps -

You are all pain in the asses and you act like we are all idiots.

You never know a god damn thing about the phone or how to fix it that you sold me last week.

And oh yeah, your customer service always sucks

Carmel63
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:14 AM
Quoting Zpugs:

It is legal to telemarket unlisted numbers. Unlisted just means your number is not listed in the directory, and nothing else. Telemarketers can legally call cell numbers. The only restrictions are if the customer has the number listed in the national do not call registry. This only restricts telemarketing for new business.
mysticalmalissa
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Things that annoy me about cell phone reps (vzw)...

Please do NOT download apps to my phone that are NOT needed.

Please understand the operating system of the phones you deal with.

Other then that, I love ya's and you are great students when I teach you all things android. LOL

smtxcowgirl
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Go to Best Buy. Seriously. I don't even deal with my carriers stores anymore. I'd rather go to Best Buy's mobile department where they're always nice, polite, knowledgeable, and willing to work with you until you're satisfied.

Quoting JJSMOMMYxox:

I never had a probllem with verizon until last night. I have not upgraded my phone for 3 years and my phone that is ancient broke it finally just gave out. I called them and they were like oh you have an upgrade and I was like PERFECT! So then I only like the simple flip phones no fancy addings(this was the type of phone I had last time) Well 3 years ago I could order a phone online and when it said ti was free it was well FREE. Now they want you to pay a upgrade charge and a activation fee... What no!? For one it's not like I am one of those people who break their phones and then switch the water stickers out so it looks like I didnt get it wet, two I have been a loyal customer since dinosaur phones came out. If I wanted to pay 50 dollars to upgrade and activate my cheesy cheap phone I would and am going to go on eBay and buy a phone for 50 and it will be more of a selection of phones rather then the 3 you gave me... SO that way I dont have to pay a upgrade fee or a activation fee.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smtxcowgirl
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Lol I'm sure she started to type "the phone" and then erased it and wrote "it" but didn't erase her answer all the way. That's what I thought, anyways.

Quoting Mommy2FiveBoys:

Ummm, did you seriously say that people that come into the store have no common sense but your answer to their question was "um, you have to charge the it."  Really you have to charge the it!!! Wow and you say that we are the ones with no common sense!!!

blank stare

Quoting kimsamomof3:

And that's because half the time people don't use common sense before calling or coming into an office. (the idiot remark).

Of course, we don't know it all. But I am always happy to find the answers to any questions that I don't know.

Quoting kristyann:

You never know a god damn thing about the phone or how to fix it that you sold me last week.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimsamomof3
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:40 AM
That was a typo. And yes, there are people out there without common sense.

Quoting Mommy2FiveBoys:

blank stare

Quoting kimsamomof3:

Quoting kristyann:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimsamomof3
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Yes, these things do occur often. Lol!

Quoting TheMrs407:

Wow, I though these would actually be more like tip on how to help the cell phone re.  It sounds more like a list of morons that have com in.  It's sad these are the things that annoy you OP, because that means they occur often.  The defensiveness of many who have responded is more evidence of this.  Sad, sad, sad.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyoftwo103
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Really? I've received offers from them, nice ones.. free upgrades etc. 

Quoting MisfitInTN:

I hate att there over charge me, tell me my discount isn't valid on everything and their customer service sucks

Quoting mommyoftwo103:

None of those.. I've never had any problems with AT&T..

Quoting MissTacoBell:

You either work for them or they drugged you.

Quoting mommyoftwo103:

I have AT&T and love them!!! 

mishaann01
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Well if your going to be stupid enough to say you don't know your own number then you'll get stupid instructions on how to figure it out.

Quoting gamomof3cuties:

well duh shit

Quoting mishaann01:

You can't look up customer accts in our system by name. We can however look in your phone (as could you) to look up your number.

Quoting gamomof3cuties:

I don't know my phone number I don't ever call my cell phone. The customer service agent could stop being a witch and look it up with my name.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN