Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

i was assaulted by my neighbor this morning

Posted by   + Show Post
Two doors down there is a couple. They have three dogs. My back yard backs up to park district property and a lake. This guy lets these dogs loose several times a day, which is against the law. The place is filled with dog crap including my yard. I've asked them nicely to pick up after their pets. They only do it when the see me in the window. Last week my kids wanted to play out back so I got some doggy poop bags and cleaned up my yard and surrounding area. I put all the bags in their yard. A couple of hours later their dog is shitting in my yard again. The woman was out in her yard with a weed wacker. She said she was going to go pick it up. I told her very nicely, that they are just going to have to start leashing their dogs. This morning the guy is in my yard, one dog is under my deck so I go out there to ask if he would leash his dogs. He tells me to "shut the fuck up " and proceeds to swear at me while standing on my property! Can you believe this? It's my yard! He's screwed now. I have a video camera, and I'm home all day long. Three dogs is a pack. I'm done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Replies (121-130):
FooLynRoo
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Quoting kmjmlj:

Take harmless flour sprinkle on your yard inform dog owner you put out posion on your lawn it would be best to keep dogs leashed so they won't get sick or a cheap little garden fence you know the kind for boarding flowers add some nails sticking up tell dog owner before dogs get hurt what you did he lets them loose its his fault if they get hurt play dirty back

Actually no.

If a dog or a kid wanders into her yard and gets a nail in its foot.

THEY can SUE HER homeowners.

LOL

http://whatthefoolynroo.blogspot.com

sweetcherry_59
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:39 PM
What an asshole!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KitschyGirl
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:42 PM
I have no intention of spending thousands on a fence to keep someone else's dog out. I have a spectacular view and a lake behind my house. We are planning to extend our deck and build a patio.

Quoting connie45:

Are you allowed to put up a fence around your yard?  I think you posted a pic once of your deck and no one had a fence!   I realize its normal in some parts of the country - that would never go over here.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KitschyGirl
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:43 PM
It actually does qualify almost everywhere.

Quoting FoxFire363:

While I agree that sucks and that you should involve the cops and animal control, I don't believe that yelling at someone and flipping them off qualifies as assault. I don't know what the laws are where you live, though. It still is fucked up and I hope he gets in trouble and has to keep his dogs on his own property from now on. I would hate that, I am not a dog person. I barely tolerate the one we have (it is DW and DD's dog).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christi34
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Assault can be when someone verbally assault you. When someone is touched without permission for any reason then that is battery.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

While what your neighbors did is totally innapropriate, where does the alleged assault come in? He didn't touch you. You're being a little over dramatic IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FoxFire363
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Wow, learn something new everyday. 

Quoting KitschyGirl:

It actually does qualify almost everywhere.

Quoting FoxFire363:

While I agree that sucks and that you should involve the cops and animal control, I don't believe that yelling at someone and flipping them off qualifies as assault. I don't know what the laws are where you live, though. It still is fucked up and I hope he gets in trouble and has to keep his dogs on his own property from now on. I would hate that, I am not a dog person. I barely tolerate the one we have (it is DW and DD's dog).

silverdawn99
by Jamie on May. 3, 2012 at 5:06 PM

ugh my neighbor across the street lets their dogs run loose and they like to shit in my yard also

BekkieBoodle
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Animal control.  You have leash laws, right?  Get 'em girl!  Thats super annoying.

TattoodMommy19
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:09 PM
But the police will not arrest someone for cussing you out. They are exercising their constitutional right to free speech. If he made a threat of physical harm, that's different, but op stated he told her to stfu. That is not against the law.

Quoting christi34:

Assault can be when someone verbally assault you. When someone is touched without permission for any reason then that is battery.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

While what your neighbors did is totally innapropriate, where does the alleged assault come in? He didn't touch you. You're being a little over dramatic IMO.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandiii04
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:09 PM
My mom had a neighbor (when my brother and I were elementary age) that had a mean poodle. She'd let the dog out in the back yard, but NEVER closed the gate. It wasn't a big deal because the dog stayed nearby... What WAS a problem was when she did this and then left for the day to go work. This dog was mean. If my brother and I tried going out the front door to play the dog would bark and chase us back inside then sit on our porch, only moving to shit in our yard. My mom spoke to this woman numerous times but nothing helped. So my mom started filming the dog holding us hostage in our home (cujo style). She also filmed herself shoveling all of the dog shit into a pile to show how much shit there was. She also put the camera in the window everytime she talked to this woman. She did this for a month then took the woman to court. The woman claimed that it was our dog shitting in our yard (we had no pets) and that her dog rarely got out. But since my mom filmed each incident with a copy of the days newspaper this lady had to move or get rid of her dog.

It was a lengthy process, but well worth it in the end.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)