Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you leave the kids in the car when you return the shopping cart?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you leave the kids in the car to return the shopping cart?

Options:

yes

no

somtimes

am expecting and havn't been there yet

yes, because they are older children (school age)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 526

View Results

I don't. If I can't find a parking space right next to the cart return I just load all of the groceries in the car, and take DS with me to return the cart. Now with another baby on the way it seems like I am going to be parking in the boondocks to insure I get a space right next to the cart return LOL.

ETA- kids, as in babies, as in not able to get out of the car say under 5.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Replies (171-180):
Apollos82
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Well, darn it, I clicked the wrong one. My answer was I am expecting and haven't been there yet. But I don't think I will. Makes me nervous. 

KelliansMom
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:10 PM

nope ..my purse and my son always stay with me will we are fully ready to get in to the car.

Ciuplys
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Yes I always put my kids in the car and buckle them up !! The time I didn't I got lock out!! ;( sneaky devil My son could have open the door he thought it was so funny he was 2! I had to call and get it unlock!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmencl3210
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Even than it's busy... I've been on a week day at 11 pm and they were pretty busy still.... And around the 30th-4th and 14th-18th I avoid the stores as much as possible, it's even worse those days.... actually I avoid the stores in general lol

Quoting JennyCaps:

Oh dang! I probably should add I go at 8am on a weekday when it's not busy :)

Quoting kmencl3210:

Here you'd be driving around the parking lot for a while unless you park at the way back because the store is always busy and we usually end up at least halfway down the parking lot, and almost never next to the cart return unless we go at exactly the right time, which is sometimes impossible ....

Quoting JennyCaps:

Yes but I will always park next to a carriage return. So I am right next to my car :) and yes I drive around to find one. Never not parked next to one.

Autumn19
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:12 PM
same

Quoting momtolittleg:

Yep.  I buckle her in, then walk the cart to the cart corral.  I've always done this.  I leave my purse in the car, too!  Never had a problem, and I can always see the car.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I try to park next to the cart return and if I am within a few spaces of it I will leave them in the car (9,7, and 1). If I have the big kids, I am more willing to leave the baby with them and go a bit further. If its just me and the baby, I keep here in the cart while I unload and walk back with her in my arms. I replied in a different post that I saw a double amputee vet put his cart away, so I'll be damned if any able bodied (or less handicaped than him) woman on this site can come up with an excuse valid enough to justify their laziness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
malissaL
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I think this makes you an easier target..a woman with her hands full..

Quoting KelliansMom:

nope ..my purse and my son always stay with me will we are fully ready to get in to the car.

Its my body and I'll do what I want to.

Nicole060812
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Yes because I always park right next to one just for that reason
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Now that they are older, yes. when they were little I didn't return the cart.

tme4mllr
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:40 PM

i liked to get the baby in the car asap & then load the groceries up. so yea cart would have to be put away while baby was in the car.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)