Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you leave the kids in the car when you return the shopping cart?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you leave the kids in the car to return the shopping cart?

Options:

yes

no

somtimes

am expecting and havn't been there yet

yes, because they are older children (school age)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 526

View Results

I don't. If I can't find a parking space right next to the cart return I just load all of the groceries in the car, and take DS with me to return the cart. Now with another baby on the way it seems like I am going to be parking in the boondocks to insure I get a space right next to the cart return LOL.

ETA- kids, as in babies, as in not able to get out of the car say under 5.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Replies (331-339):
calusari
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:42 AM

I always park next to the cart return, so it's not an issue.

Had3girls
by Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:56 AM
My 7yr old buckles herself in while my 11yr old helps me put groceries in the car and then my 11yr old takes the cart back while I get the car started and get my seatbelt on and by that time she is usually already back and buckled herself .... I'm usually parked no more than 2 or 3 spots away from a cart return ..... my 11yr old is my lil helper =) she LOVES to push the cart so its my excuse to give her what she wants =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:58 AM
no i always take her with me then carry her back to the car.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazy_mommyof2
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 8:04 AM
I never have cause I always go grocery shopping with my husband. But I have sent my husband alone with the kids and he says he never left them alone and takes them with him. Something can always happen in an instant.
grammarpolice
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:37 AM

My son (13) returns it if he's with me. If I'm with just my 7 year old I do leave him in the car.

grammarpolice
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:38 AM

WOw! Those spots next to the cart things must always be full according to this post!

tifbrown
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't put my carts back. I figured it isn't worth the risk, they pay someone to collect the carts, so let them do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:41 AM
We park close to the cart things so I said sometimes. Even if we have to park far away. But if dh is with me it doesn't matter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tabitha109
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:43 AM
There's plenty of cart holders where I shop. If you park within a few spaces of them in any direction then you have plenty of spots to pick from. Plus plenty of ppl probably don't do it. But ppl who do would be more likely to comment on this post.

Quoting grammarpolice:

WOw! Those spots next to the cart things must always be full according to this post!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)