Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you leave the kids in the car when you return the shopping cart?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you leave the kids in the car to return the shopping cart?

Options:

yes

no

somtimes

am expecting and havn't been there yet

yes, because they are older children (school age)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 526

View Results

I don't. If I can't find a parking space right next to the cart return I just load all of the groceries in the car, and take DS with me to return the cart. Now with another baby on the way it seems like I am going to be parking in the boondocks to insure I get a space right next to the cart return LOL.

ETA- kids, as in babies, as in not able to get out of the car say under 5.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Replies (211-220):
fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I seriously doubt if you leave your kids in the car locked for 30secs that something is going to happen.  It is far more likely they will get hit by a car in the parking lot then someone taking your locked vehicle.  Nobody is saying go for a stroll and leave your kids out of sight.     

Quoting Mommieplus4:

I take my kids me every time I return cart (and I return carts all the time). As for leaving kids in my car alone while returning cart. It can take a split second for someone to take the vehicle even when locked

ShellGardner
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:36 PM
No I usually ask for service out so I don't have to put the cart away
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColinsMommy99
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Yes. I park by the cart returns. I lock the door when I take it back and they are buckled into their seats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommieplus4
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Never say never. Not saying it would happen, but you can never know. If others want to do that, that is their choice, but I pick my children's safety over inconvience any day. And you explain that to a good friend of mine who had that happen to her. Thankfully her kids were not in the car at the time.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

I seriously doubt if you leave your kids in the car locked for 30secs that something is going to happen.  It is far more likely they will get hit by a car in the parking lot then someone taking your locked vehicle.  Nobody is saying go for a stroll and leave your kids out of sight.     

Quoting Mommieplus4:

I take my kids me every time I return cart (and I return carts all the time). As for leaving kids in my car alone while returning cart. It can take a split second for someone to take the vehicle even when locked

greenmachine47
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:58 AM

If I park where I can see my car and if it's really cold out I will put my dd in the car while unloading groceries then return the cart top the coral . If there isn't  a cart return close to my car then I will leave dd in the cart then return the cart with her or just ditch the cart whereever. 

SOCO101
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:00 AM

Does it make me a bad person if I don't usually return the carts?

SommerRayne06
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:02 AM
My oldest son takes the vary to the vary return while I watch him. He is 10.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bec94
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:03 AM
I said yes because I make sure to park fairly close to a cart return. When I go grocery shopping though I don't worry about returning the cart. The bagger loads up my car while I load up the kids and then he/she takes it back to the store. I love it, takes half the time :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MisfitInTN
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:05 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RedRozeMom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:07 AM
I don't return the cart, so it's not even an issue...........
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)