Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you leave the kids in the car when you return the shopping cart?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you leave the kids in the car to return the shopping cart?

Options:

yes

no

somtimes

am expecting and havn't been there yet

yes, because they are older children (school age)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 526

View Results

I don't. If I can't find a parking space right next to the cart return I just load all of the groceries in the car, and take DS with me to return the cart. Now with another baby on the way it seems like I am going to be parking in the boondocks to insure I get a space right next to the cart return LOL.

ETA- kids, as in babies, as in not able to get out of the car say under 5.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Replies (281-290):
Icpjuggalette
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Yes and no, sometimes my 9 yr old and 13 yr old stay in the car while i put it back, i take my 4 and 7 yr olds with me. Or i just ask my 13 year old to do it, lol

DBKUGirl
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Yes I do, they get buckled in and then I lock the doors and return the cart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SevysMomma
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Um, no - and that is EXACTLY the reason I do not return carts. I will not leave my merchandise unattended in my car, nor will I leave my child. I load everyone in, and leave the cart right there.

Mandiii04
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Yes, but only because I always park within 2-3 spots of the cart return. I try to cut down on the time that my DS is standing in the parking lot because you never know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tylergirls
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:14 PM
If I am close to the cart return then yes, unless she wants to come with me. She is 5. I never leave her if I am running in to the store even for a second. I have however, forgotten something in the house when she is already buckled in to go to school so I lock the car doors and run back in to the house to grab what I forgot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowgirlsmommy
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I just take my kids with me while I return the cart.

"A Person's a person, no matter how small." -Dr Seuss

ColtsFan1912
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:30 PM

nope

KyKosMommy
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:41 PM
I do BUT I park 3 car spots or less from the corral. If I can't park that close then I am a terrible person & abandon my cart. I hate abandoning it but I am not taking my kids to the corral. This is how I do it when I havey 4 yo & my 5 mo with me. If my 11 yo is with us he stays with the littles. If I have one child then I take him with me to return the cart. I won't lug the bucket carseat & my 4 yo by the hand in a crazy superstore parking lot. Call me a bitch my kids safety trump your paint job. Any before people go buckwild, I rarely abandon my cart. I usually have my big kid with me.
MessedUpMama
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I have taken them with me to put the cart away, but usually I either send DS who is 9 with it, or I buckle them in and take it myself. They are 5 and 9. The 5 year old is my daycare child, and we have the car because her Mother leaves her car with me. If I only have her with me she goes with me to put it away. DS likes to take the cart back for me and I let him if I can see him all the way there and back.

CJTC0911
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:50 PM
I always park in the space right next to the cart return! I put the kids in & leave the door open while I push the cart in!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)