Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you leave the kids in the car when you return the shopping cart?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you leave the kids in the car to return the shopping cart?

Options:

yes

no

somtimes

am expecting and havn't been there yet

yes, because they are older children (school age)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 526

View Results

I don't. If I can't find a parking space right next to the cart return I just load all of the groceries in the car, and take DS with me to return the cart. Now with another baby on the way it seems like I am going to be parking in the boondocks to insure I get a space right next to the cart return LOL.

ETA- kids, as in babies, as in not able to get out of the car say under 5.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Replies (291-300):
SOCO101
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Quoting MommaGreenhalge:

To the person whose car gets hit by one, yes. And to me who ends up having to move a cart out of the way so i can park.

Quoting SOCO101:

Does it make me a bad person if I don't usually return the carts?

Shoot, I don't mind. I'll park by a buggy, and stick dd in there to push her to the door. It's too easy. I usually pay enough attention, not to crash into a cart while I'm parking, btw.

SOCO101
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Quoting fullxbusymom:

I think it also depends where you live too.  I live in a very small town where we still leave the keys in our cars at night and don't lock our houses either.  So honestly I don't worry even for a second that something will happen .  Honestly I don't lock my car when I go into the grocery store either, there truly is just no need.  Actually can't tell you the last time I have locked my car.

Honey, don't be so naive. I live in a town with a population of 402(plus or minus a few). I still lock my car every night and don't leave without locking the house. Yea, the people are wonderful and very trustworthy here, but times are hard. Just because you live in a small town doesn't change the fact that there are some bad people out there. 

OutlawMUA
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Nope. I either park right next to the return, or unload groceries then push the  cart to the return and walk with the kids back to the  car

LucyHarper
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:16 AM

Yes, the car is always in view, I'm walking a few feet and back. 

luvmymonkeys27
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Generally, it depends if it's raining or not... but the parking lot where I go food shopping is super small, so pretty much wherever you park, you're close to a trolley return lol. 

KZ_MoMmA
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Yes i do. I have two boys tho. Keegan is 3 and Kyler is now 1.

fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I am far from Naive, Just so you know.  I am no spring chicken.  I have lived here long enough that I am confident.  I also have 4 kids the oldest being 15 and the youngest being 10wks.  I have survived this long I am pretty certain I am doing just fine, but thanks for the advice. 

Quoting SOCO1I 01:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

I think it also depends where you live too.  I live in a very small town where we still leave the keys in our cars at night and don't lock our houses either.  So honestly I don't worry even for a second that something will happen .  Honestly I don't lock my car when I go into the grocery store either, there truly is just no need.  Actually can't tell you the last time I have locked my car.

Honey, don't be so naive. I live in a town with a population of 402(plus or minus a few). I still lock my car every night and don't leave without locking the house. Yea, the people are wonderful and very trustworthy here, but times are hard. Just because you live in a small town doesn't change the fact that there are some bad people out there. 

EstherCobb
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I park next to a buggy return -even if it's at the back of the lot. Then everyone gets buckled in and I leave at least 1 door and a window down, plus I keep the keys with me.

momto3infl
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I always did or just left the cart near the car.

1likeme
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Always. I have four kids and they are safer sitting in their seats than they are running around a parking lot. They are much more likely to be hurt by a moving vehicle than they are to be hurt while strapped into their car seats.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)