Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I am sorry if this was posted already but its crazy...but I just can't get over how dark and leathery this woman is

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/02/11500434-new-jersey-mom-arrested-after-allegedly-taking-daughter-5-into-tanning-booth?lite

A New Jersey woman was arrested after police said she brought her 5-year-old daughter into a tanning booth, causing the girl to suffer burns.

But 44-year-old Patricia Krentcil, who was charged with second-degree child endangerment, said her daughter was never exposed to the tanning booth's UV rays and instead got slightly sunburned while playing outside on a warm day.

The girl's father told NBC 4 New York his daughter told classmates at school that she "went tanning with Mommy." He thinks a teacher overheard, inaccurately connected the girl's sunburn to the tanning salon trip and contacted police.

"This whole big thing happened, and everyone got involved," said Rich Krentcil. "It was 85 degrees outside, she got sunburned. That's it. That's all that happened."

Patricia Krentcil said she treats her tanning salon trips as an errand in which she brings along her daughter, but insists the booth lights were never exposed to the girl.

"It's like taking your daughter to go food shopping," she told NBC 4 New York at her Nutley, N.J. home after being released on $25,000 bail. "There's tons of moms that bring their children in."

"I tan, she doesn't tan," she continued. "I'm in the booth, she's in the room. That's all there is to it."

The incident happened over a week ago, but there did not appear to be any burns on the little girl Tuesday.

Patricia Krentcil said she's been visiting her local salon for more than 10 years, and doesn't know why her visits there with her daughter have suddenly been called into question.

In New Jersey, children under 14 are not allowed to tan at indoor salons, while those 14 to 17 years old may do so with signed parental consent.

"My daughter's a beautiful girl who loves school, who had to go through this, and I think it's traumatizing for a little girl who did nothing wrong but got a little sunburned," Krentcil said.

She is expected to appear in court Wednesday and hopes to convince the judge it was all a misunderstanding

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Replies (41-50):
Ideal_Lady
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Gross
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mackQuin
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:57 PM

well, she is going to have skin cancer at some point in her life.

MatisMommy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:58 PM
If she is put to the death sentence I wonder how much her skin would go for.... It would make one HELL of a bag!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lachrymose
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I love the comment at the bottom of one of the yahoo pages.. I had to send it to my husband it made me laugh so hard.. I'll copy/paste it here:

"How anyone could write this story without commenting on the mothers extreme appearence is beyond me..."

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on May. 2, 2012 at 1:59 PM

AAAHHHHHH

She looks like one of those dinosaurs from the movie...something... i dont remember what its called. dinosaurs? lol "Feed the babeh, NOT the mama!" 

She's disgusting.

grey7399
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Oh good god.  That picture loaded and I snapped "EEEWW!!!!" out loud.  

EsmeVincent
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I know I had a typo...my keys stick cause ds spilt juice

Quoting L1558:

I like a natural glow, but I can't understand the Snooki epidemic. It's insane.

I can understand having your kid tag along, but if it would hurt her skin or eyes...NO.

If she didn't put her child in the bed, then the worst is she's just a moron. And you obviously cannot lock a mom up just because she's a moron. LOL. I really hope she's telling the truth. Otherwise, no-- not OK.

And leathery. Not lathery. LOL!! I imagined loads of bubbles! hahaha that would actually be better though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:25 PM

OMG That  looks like she rolled herself in shit.....Wow i like to tan but damn that takes it to a WHOLE OTHER LEVEL!!!! 

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

ShesALady
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:27 PM
I don't tan at all. That shit is horrible for your skin. She looks unreal. That's sad. I believe the little girl was just sitting in the room though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
L1558
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mom_dl6:

OMG That  looks like she rolled herself in shit.....Wow i like to tan but damn that takes it to a WHOLE OTHER LEVEL!!!! 

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I know, right? I've been in a tanning bed a few times (not year round stuff, more like a "before the beach" thing)...and I cannot understand how this looks good. I'd rather see pale skin than that.

How, how, how does she look 44?? She looks 70, easily.

No. I know 70 year olds that look better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)