Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

who decides if a child can get a hair cut in a divorce situation IF THEY CAN NOT AGREE?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: who decides if a child can get a hair cut in a divorce situation IF THEY CAN NOT AGREE? (child wants a cut. One parent says OK the other says NO WAY)

Options:

mom

dad

custodial parent

non-custodial parent

parent of the same sex

parent of the opposite sex

the child

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 217

View Results

fixed question so more people understand what is being said.

she wants something like this but with bangs.

I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.  ~Rita Rudner

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Replies (111-120):
LTsMommy07
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:14 PM
If you guys have custody, you have final say on all major decisions...and minor ones in this case. Her mom can't stop you from allowing the child to cut her hair the way she (the child) wants. She can be mad and rant and rave but ultimately there isn't anyting she can do.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

In our situation DSD wants a certain haircut. DH has custody. Her mom does not want her to get it cut the way she wants it (DSD is 8) but DH says if that is what she wants she can have it done.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

The child. It's their hair.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow. Whoever's divorce this is, it must be a living nightmare. The kiddo looks old enough to make her own decision.

Cookie-kisses
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Wait until summer. I always made my own decisions and got my hair "boy short' about that age and cried for months. I thought it would be so cute, but it wasn't how I thought it would be

mama_desi
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Let the child decide its her hai. If she wants something a litt different let her do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chickensmommy
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:19 PM
That's not a haircut for a young child, but I say let the little girl have a say
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bi-polarmommy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:23 PM

who ever has primary LEGAL custody of the child.  you may have 50/50 physical custody, but only one will have primary legal, and that is the parent who decides things

FooLynRoo
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Um none of the above - she's not an infant - SHE decides.

gwebkeijmmm
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:45 PM
And?

Quoting kitty8199:

The ncp says no. Kid a cp say yes.

Quoting gwebkeijmmm:

The custodial parent.

In this case though, whoever is saying "No".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
workoutmom2b1g
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:48 PM

?! This is such a sad question to me! I'm not bashing, I've never been in the situation. 

simple frown

gypsy_rose
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:51 PM

It's my husbands. (i feel if she wants to shave her head she should be allowed to). DH says so long as her hair is not "guyish" like spiked or shaved then she can do as she wishes. Her BM wants it back down the middle of her back like it was when I met DH. we have cut it short for a while trying to fix the damage her mother did to her hair.

Quoting Aislinn:

Wow. Whoever's divorce this is, it must be a living nightmare. The kiddo looks old enough to make her own decision.

I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.  ~Rita Rudner

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN