Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

who decides if a child can get a hair cut in a divorce situation IF THEY CAN NOT AGREE?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: who decides if a child can get a hair cut in a divorce situation IF THEY CAN NOT AGREE? (child wants a cut. One parent says OK the other says NO WAY)

Options:

mom

dad

custodial parent

non-custodial parent

parent of the same sex

parent of the opposite sex

the child

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 217

View Results

fixed question so more people understand what is being said.

she wants something like this but with bangs.

I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.  ~Rita Rudner

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Replies (31-40):
L1558
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Mind you DH is not fighting about it but BM is pitching a fit that DH is even contimplating the cut.

My stepson's BM did that, too. We ignored her. His hair was a complete mess and we'd asked for weeks. Hell, he (stepson) wanted a haircut and asked. She promised to make an appointment for him, but went to the salon, got her highlights and nails done, and told him she didn't have money for his.

Okay, fine. We sent him to a barber, just for a trim.

She threw a fit. The kid was 13 years old. 13.

We hung up the phone on her. She called back,  we ignored her.

Bitches.

3monkeys2love
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:36 PM
I say just cut their hair if it really needs it. Hair grows back, no sense in fighting over it....IT'S JUST HAIR. I can understand if one parent is wanting to shave it all off or dye it all different colors.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:36 PM
He has custody, so he has the final say. She doesn't have hardly anything to do with the kids anyway. She's just being a bitch.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

In our situation DSD wants a certain haircut. DH has custody. Her mom does not want her to get it cut the way she wants it (DSD is 8) but DH says if that is what she wants she can have it done.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

The child. It's their hair.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poietes
by Laura on May. 2, 2012 at 12:36 PM

8 is plenty old enough to make her own hair decisions.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

In our situation DSD wants a certain haircut. DH has custody. Her mom does not want her to get it cut the way she wants it (DSD is 8) but DH says if that is what she wants she can have it done.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Usually the dad lets the mom do what ever if not she will bitch. I went out with 2 guys with kids and if they took the boy OR the girl for a hair cut, she showed up an raise hell
JZB
by Jessie on May. 2, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Take turns problem solved good God

DixieL
by Dixie on May. 2, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I think this question is reaching a bit. This isn't something that will decide how your child will become as an adult, so even though I voted on custodial parent, if you two can't agree I say let the son or daughter choose

gypsy_rose
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I know but we try to keep things peaceful. DSD just wants a realy short cut and mom is NOT happy.

Quoting kitty8199:

He has custody, so he has the final say. She doesn't have hardly anything to do with the kids anyway. She's just being a bitch.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Quoting LaughCryLive:

I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.  ~Rita Rudner

misselphaba
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Umm...the kid??

michiganmom5150
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Hell, I cut my boys hair. I don't even ask the ex. My youngest recently went REALLY short, due to a psoriasis problem. Xdh said nothing. Now the oldest wants his super short for baseball. Fine by me...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)