Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Biracial or AA moms COME IN HERE STAT

Posted by   + Show Post

The girls I baby sit are half black, half Peurto rican.

They have long curly hair, the older ones hair is a bit more coarse than the youngers and I think she's self conscious about it.

Anyhow. They have the frizzies in the morning and this morning the older was putting conditioner- then I caught her putting shampoo into her hair.

I washed it out and asked her why - she said her mom sometimes puts the conditioner in her hair after she washes it..

She is upset because her friend has soft good smelling hair and her hair gets "hard".

So I promised her I'd pick her up a nice smelling - vanilla or coconut smelling leave in conditioner or spray she can use to make her hair soft and smell nice, if she promises not to put conditioner or shampoo in her dry hair like that anymore.

Long story short - I need product reccomendations.

Leave in conditioner for biracial hair to help keep it soft - and smells nice.

http://whatthefoolynroo.blogspot.com

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Replies (71-75):
RaynesMommy07
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:31 PM
YW. This is first thing in the morning hair lol. It's actually almost to waist when it's wet.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Thanks - this reminds me of their hair

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Here is DDs hair. It was always so corse without the cantu Shea butter. Now it's so soft and you can actually comb it when it's dry w/o it being frizzy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink_Sunshine
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:34 PM

s curl moisturizer and a tiny bit of Coconut or Castor Oil. Oh trust me on that one..I love it.

myerslisa2
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:39 PM
I like this Silken Child hair lotion I find at sally's from time to time. It smells good too.

Hair lotion is pretty much the same texture as conditioner. Also using one of those soft brushes helps out a lot with smoothing the frizz.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jess80
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:45 PM
When I was in high school I went to the mall with my mixed friend and we went to the bathroom. As we were leaving we washed our hands but the first squirt of soap went in her hair then she washed her hands. Lol I was like what did you do that for? She said it makes it stay In place you should try it! So I did, lol it worked! I am half Mexican so I have curly frizzy hair too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myerslisa2
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:47 PM
You can order from Sephora online if you don't have one close by.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN