Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Biracial or AA moms COME IN HERE STAT

Posted by   + Show Post

The girls I baby sit are half black, half Peurto rican.

They have long curly hair, the older ones hair is a bit more coarse than the youngers and I think she's self conscious about it.

Anyhow. They have the frizzies in the morning and this morning the older was putting conditioner- then I caught her putting shampoo into her hair.

I washed it out and asked her why - she said her mom sometimes puts the conditioner in her hair after she washes it..

She is upset because her friend has soft good smelling hair and her hair gets "hard".

So I promised her I'd pick her up a nice smelling - vanilla or coconut smelling leave in conditioner or spray she can use to make her hair soft and smell nice, if she promises not to put conditioner or shampoo in her dry hair like that anymore.

Long story short - I need product reccomendations.

Leave in conditioner for biracial hair to help keep it soft - and smells nice.

http://whatthefoolynroo.blogspot.com

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Replies (41-50):
Pink_Sunshine
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:58 PM

conditioner mixed with water and a bit of Olive Oil is actually a good moisturizer.

.BREE.
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this
You need a light oil and yes, leaving normal conditioner in wet hair works well too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I have heard good thing about a product called Mixed Chicks. I plan on getting some conditioner for DS, whose curls are gorgeous, but turning frizzy like mine. They even have tear free, sulfate free products!

Pink_Sunshine
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I know Palmer's Coconut Hair milk smells really good. I use it and it's very moisturizing. It looks like this:

Pink_Sunshine
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:00 PM

also if anyone needs help with hair longhaircareforum is awesome. You can also ask hair questions about AA hair on www.hairlista.com. 

FooLynRoo
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Quoting momswag:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Quoting art.diva:

I put regular conditioner in my hair sometimes. Its a tip I got from someone else.

I heard that too - when I had a perm i'd put like a bit on my freshy washed hair and rub it in and leave it

but she doesn't shower in the AM she's putting it on her dry hair and was just making a mess out of it.

I wanted to get her something so she would feel better about her hair, doing her hair etc

She was sneaking it  

I think she and her sister both have gorgeous hair. but they dont.

You say they're mixed with PR and AA and their hair is corse and dry, they probably have that 'good hair' complex. They probably hear from family and friends that they don't have good hair. :( Maybe you can learn a few things here and help her with her hair to give her more confidence! 

Yea she does - her younger sisters hair isn't as coarse as the older ones - and they are always being catty to one another about it. 

jessi2girls
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:28 PM

coconut oil, olive oil are all great products for this hair type..

I just started using tresemme's new climate control conditioner because of the keratin and olive oil in it and love in on my oldest daughters hair.. Use that to wash, then apply a leave in conditioner! Works great!

jessi2girls
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I like their detangler.. I use that sometimes after pulling out braids, etc in my oldest daughters hair.

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

I use this for my hair and my kids hair, it works for us :)

jessi2girls
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Quoting 1_hawt_mami:

Pantene has an aa line and there's also this natural line with spray oils and conditioners but I can't remember the name... I always see the commercial ill come back when isee it.

pantene is the worst for hair!  Great for skin, horrible on your hair!

FooLynRoo
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Thanks - this reminds me of their hair

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Here is DDs hair. It was always so corse without the cantu Shea butter. Now it's so soft and you can actually comb it when it's dry w/o it being frizzy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN