Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How much does DH/SO's opinion really matter??????????

Poll

Question: how much does your DH/SO's opinion matter when it somes to YOUR APPEARANCE? hair, makeup, clothes, piercings, tattoos??? (if your DH isn't really oppinionated, think more hypothetically, like IF he cared)

Options:

more than my opinion matters, he's the one that has to look at me every day!

i take his opinion into great consideration.

if he absolutely hates something, i won't wear it or do it, but for the most part i just do what i want!

i might listen to him every now and then...

no say what so ever

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 55

View Results

i want to get my eyebrow pierced.... i have for a loooonnnnngggggg time, DH hates eyebrws piercings, thinks they look stupid! So every now and then i consider just waiting until we have some extra money and going and getting it... but i always end up not following through! lol

but for the mst part i don't really care much about DH's opinion when it comes to my appearance. i might stop wearing something if he absolutely hated it.

revengeSiggy

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Replies (11-18):
CaptainFeast
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I asked him about the tattoo and he said, "Well, it's not up to me. You're the one getting it." I still got it. :)

I'm also picking out new frames this week and I know he isn't a fan of the chunky ones, but those are what I want.

braezmommy89
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:46 PM
We compromise.... He loves my tattoos and peicings soooo im good there lol

Whn it comes to clothes he loves that I dress "sexy" aka cleavage and tight pants haha thats his version of sexy other thn naked ha

But sometimes I dont feel its appropriate and so we compromise.. tight black slacks and a boobie covering shirt haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Josie_P
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:47 PM

My DH's fashion sense is really good (some people even thought he was gay). So if he tells me "That shirt doesn't match with those bottoms", I may be tempted to change.

Mrs_Szontagh

if we have a special date night i will try and wear my hair how he likes it... but he hates half of my wardrobe and bitches nonstop about me needing new clothes... as soon as we have the money dude

RaynesMommy07
I consider his opinion and take that opinion into consideration, idk about great consideration though lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leslieOli
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:48 PM

My dh makes fun of me when I wear my Uggs in the winter, he thinks they are ridiculous. But i don't care, they are the best and I would NEVER stop wearing them for him. He also makes fun of this lame tattoo I got when I was 19 (before we met) but I dont care because it is pretty bad and there is nothing I can do about it now. He has a tramp stamp so the brutal teasing goes both ways.

MrCruzito
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Anytime I ever ask his opinion he says he doesn't care.  If  I pin him to the corner and force him to make a choice, he usually pics the wrong one anyways...So his opinion doesn't make a difference cause he rarely has one.

He has only ever told me he likes really long hair...so I keep my hair really long, for him.  I dont like my really long hair, to hard to maintain.  But he loves it, so I keep it. 

Sunshine257
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:52 PM
My husband never comments bad things about my appearance only positive things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN