Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I went to the eye Dr today. They said I am far sighted in both eyes. The glasses were buy one get one free. Both glasses were 69.00. They had to order the lenses because of the glasses I got. She added anti glare and scratch. My insurance only paid 43.00 of it. The total was 288.89. Before I went dh told me to get the anti glare, scratch and warenty. When I told him how much it was he cussed me out. Then he told me he wanted a divorce because I was irresponsible. That is the first time I used his card. He handles all the bills. He knew I needed glasses. Now he is being an ass talking about how he doesn't want to be with me because I'm irresponsible. I do everything in the house. I hardly shop and now he wants a divorce because of this.

This is some bullshit. He told me not to talk to him and leave him alone. He has never been this mad at me. I guess I better start looking for a lawyer and a place to live
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Replies (121-128):
ProudMom9799
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:35 PM

new post..

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/16506691/my_dh_is_a_dumba

Quoting lifehappy:

Do you have an update, OP?

MusherMaggie
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 2:31 PM

This is not just over the glasses.  He seems to have some deep-seated control problems.  Get yourself into counseling to protect your own self-esteem, and to start thinking about a new life.

dobrd
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:19 PM

ilove doritos, He may pay for the house but, 'HONEY, YOU SURE DO RUN IT'!! he needs a verbal tune -up.. He's sooooo lucky he's not married to me.. You are a human being first/foremost, not his verbal battering ram.. It is a good idea to really start sticking up for yourself.. From what you say, you really have nothing much to lose.. Whether he says sorry or it's 'ok' to talk to him now, I'd still get me a lawyer to get away from this moron.. Take Care, Donna....

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on May. 3, 2012 at 7:27 PM

sounds like you're better off without him.

shoot4thestars
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I would be giving him what he wants.  I don't take threatning like that lightly.  My ex told me once that we should break up when we got in a fight, so I left and haven't seen him in over 6 years.  I don't know if he was serious or not, but if you're going to say something like that to me, I'm going to take it seriously.  You just don't threaten your spouse like that.  You just don't do that.

chevsmom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:50 PM

wow i had no insurance to pay for my glasses and my boyfriend, even though he didnt really have the money, paid cash for them because he knew i needed them. if i need something he gets it with no problem. this sounds like a guy that only cares about himself. my boyfriend understands im at home doing so much for this family and when i need something he gladly give it to me

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:57 PM

How dare you want to see! You can do your chores just fine without seeing! Wanting to see is just selfish and irresponsible. 

silverdawn99
by Jamie on May. 3, 2012 at 7:57 PM

wtf?? why is he in an uproar?

i am so sorry he is being an ass

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)