Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Severe Thunderstorms & Tornadoes

Posted by   + Show Post

 Despite currently sunny skies with only patchy cloud cover, there is a 70% chance of thunderstorms this evening in NE Ohio. The possibility of severe thunderstorms and even a tornado were discussed in the weather report for today. The Weather Channel has given us (NE Ohio) a 3 on the TOR:CON index, meaning there is a 30% chance a tornado will develop within 50 miles. Due to my morbid fascination with tornadoes, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of these storms.

It is currently 81 degrees and partly cloudy in Warren, Ohio.

What is the weather like where you live? Do you like thunderstorms?


"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Replies (31-40):
skyelyns_mommie
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:37 PM
Wow have they said anything about Cincinnati?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scorpiomama1985
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:38 PM
Lol not really.. More rain than anything. A few claps of loud thunder an that was pretty much it

Quoting radioheid:

 You guys had some fun stuff down there yesterday, didn't you? I saw tornado watches and severe thunderstorm warnings posted yesterday afternoon & evening all over the southern part of the state.


Quoting scorpiomama1985:

I live in cincinnati. Hamilton co we prob have the same advisery lol I am also intrested in them. The temp here is the same


Quoting radioheid:


 Despite currently sunny skies with only patchy cloud cover, there is a 70% chance of thunderstorms this evening in NE Ohio. The possibility of severe thunderstorms and even a tornado were discussed in the weather report for today. The Weather Channel has given us (NE Ohio) a 3 on the TOR:CON index, meaning there is a 30% chance a tornado will develop within 50 miles. Due to my morbid fascination with tornadoes, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of these storms.



It is currently 81 degrees and partly cloudy in Warren, Ohio.



What is the weather like where you live? Do you like thunderstorms?


 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WardosWifey
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Have you seen a tornado?  I saw 1, back in 2008.

Quoting radioheid:

 Last time I checked (about 2 hours ago), we have a 3 on the TOR:CON index tomorrow. Exciting!

Quoting WardosWifey:

I am a severe weather nerd as well.  I'm in extreme NE Illinois, north of Chicago, right by the WI border and we're expecting severe weather today/tonight/tomorrow/tomorrow night and I'm excited!  We don't have a tornado threat right now but tomorrow looks like it'll be more decent for tornado development.  We have a TOR CON of 3-4 for tomorrow here.  None today so far.

 


megan71108
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:39 PM
I live in Maryland... It's nice out but getting cloudy and they are calling for thunderstorms
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:39 PM

We just had a tornado come by our house (central NC) yesterday evening. It was in the 80's all day, evening during the storm.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on May. 2, 2012 at 2:40 PM

 Were you born in oklahoma? Down here they are big on the whole, if you werent born in Oklahoma you are not and never will be an okie, you are an oklahoman lol. Kinda like in Texas you arent a Texan unless you were born there.

Quoting mackQuin:

 

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

 I live in Oklahoma and grew up close to the gulf of mexico. I am used to storms that produce tornados lol. Currently it is 82 and partly cloudy. only alert we have is high pollen count.

 I must be turning into a Okie because over the last few days i was quite upset we didn't get anything! LOL!

I was kind of annoyed at the marathon in OKC though when it started raining. but other than that i have been wanting a good ol' storm.

 




radioheid
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:42 PM

 Yes, ma'am. I saw one in late July 2010 just outside of Terra Haute, Indiana as my husband and I were driving back from California. We also saw a funnel wall cloud two years ago here in Warren, Ohio. I've seen quite a few funnel and wall clouds, though. I lived in Texas in 2001. lol

Quoting WardosWifey:

Have you seen a tornado?  I saw 1, back in 2008.

Quoting radioheid:

 Last time I checked (about 2 hours ago), we have a 3 on the TOR:CON index tomorrow. Exciting!

Quoting WardosWifey:

I am a severe weather nerd as well.  I'm in extreme NE Illinois, north of Chicago, right by the WI border and we're expecting severe weather today/tonight/tomorrow/tomorrow night and I'm excited!  We don't have a tornado threat right now but tomorrow looks like it'll be more decent for tornado development.  We have a TOR CON of 3-4 for tomorrow here.  None today so far.

 


 


"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

WesAndNicksMom
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:44 PM
I love torcon!!! I'm super excited about storms here in central Ohio tonight and I'm hoping it's better than the pathetic storms we had last night!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisboog
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Humid as freaking cancun without all the good stuff that comes with Cancun. :( I'm surprised we aren't up for any storms ourselves. It sure fells like we should be. Yuck!

Stay safe.

radioheid
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:48 PM

 We didn't get squat last night. Just a little rain.

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

I love torcon!!! I'm super excited about storms here in central Ohio tonight and I'm hoping it's better than the pathetic storms we had last night!

 


"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)