Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Severe Thunderstorms & Tornadoes

Posted by   + Show Post

Despite currently sunny skies with only patchy cloud cover, there is a 70% chance of thunderstorms this evening in NE Ohio. The possibility of severe thunderstorms and even a tornado were discussed in the weather report for today. The Weather Channel has given us (NE Ohio) a 3 on the TOR:CON index, meaning there is a 30% chance a tornado will develop within 50 miles. Due to my morbid fascination with tornadoes, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of these storms.

It is currently 81 degrees and partly cloudy in Warren, Ohio.

What is the weather like where you live? Do you like thunderstorms?

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Replies (41-50):
barrelracer1699
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:49 PM

We are sunny and warm today, south centralish Missouri. I love thunderstorms but no tornados! My husband went chasing one when I was in college. He didn't know a Ranger can do 60 in reverse. Yea him and his buddy about had one come down on them.

KZ_MoMmA
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:50 PM
In the 80s in OK. Haven't visited the weather channel to see what it will be like for the rest of the day, but it's sunny here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom_The_Nurse
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:50 PM
I share the same morbid fascination
. I live in FL where we have the excitimg addition of hurricanes as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:51 PM
There was thunder that was loud enough that I could hear it inside work around 8pm and it was pouring when I got off at 9 but it slowed down and didn't do anything else once I got home :/

Quoting radioheid:

We didn't get squat last night. Just a little rain.

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

I love torcon!!! I'm super excited about storms here in central Ohio tonight and I'm hoping it's better than the pathetic storms we had last night!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurplePieguy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:52 PM

It's 83 and only a 20% chance of rain. I'm in southern WV.

TheMrs407
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:53 PM

We've had our share of rough weather.  I think that same system went through here a day or so ago.  There was LOTS of lightning and some wind, though not much threat of a tornado.  Lots of thougts and prayers.  The weather is scary business sometimes.

shoot4thestars
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:53 PM

About 70 and sunny of and on, mostly not sunny though, which is usual here in PA where I'm at.  We have 50% chance of getting severe thunderstorms tonight.

workoutmom2b1g
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:54 PM

We had it last night. We were supposed to have more today, but sounds like we won't. Good luck!!! 

I don't mind thunderstorms. Unless they get nasty!

peeking

hautemama83
by Nichole on May. 2, 2012 at 2:55 PM
That's our monsoon season. I love it. Everyday we get awesome thunderstorms. I think I remember you telling me about that trip. It was shortly after we moved to AZ.

Quoting radioheid:

The most awesome lightning I have ever seen in my life occurred 2 summers ago as we were driving through New Mexico and Arizona toward California.

Quoting hautemama83:

Hot and sunny as usual here in AZ. I do love thunderstorms though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather.marie08
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Sunny and 74 in central Wisconsin. It thunderstormed late last night here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)