Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Severe Thunderstorms & Tornadoes

Posted by   + Show Post

Despite currently sunny skies with only patchy cloud cover, there is a 70% chance of thunderstorms this evening in NE Ohio. The possibility of severe thunderstorms and even a tornado were discussed in the weather report for today. The Weather Channel has given us (NE Ohio) a 3 on the TOR:CON index, meaning there is a 30% chance a tornado will develop within 50 miles. Due to my morbid fascination with tornadoes, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of these storms.

It is currently 81 degrees and partly cloudy in Warren, Ohio.

What is the weather like where you live? Do you like thunderstorms?

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Replies (51-60):
mommyofgirl1974
by Lyn on May. 2, 2012 at 2:57 PM

84 and sunny here in Indiana.

We had thunderstorms yesterday.No i don't like storms.

radioheid
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:01 PM

That trip was a financial disaster, but we had some fun. Between the lightning over the desert & mountains and the tornado in Indiana, it was definitely exciting.

Quoting hautemama83:

That's our monsoon season. I love it. Everyday we get awesome thunderstorms. I think I remember you telling me about that trip. It was shortly after we moved to AZ.

Quoting radioheid:

The most awesome lightning I have ever seen in my life occurred 2 summers ago as we were driving through New Mexico and Arizona toward California.

Quoting hautemama83:

Hot and sunny as usual here in AZ. I do love thunderstorms though.

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

fallenangel_353
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I used to love storms and get excited when we would have tornado warnings. That is until last April when an F5 came through my town, demolished it, killed people, and went through the edge of my front yard....All while I was watching... All I could think about was my 2 kids down in the storm cellar. Dh and I were both freaked, he was shaking, but trying to keep his cool, I was bawling my eyes out wondering if any of my loved ones were hurt, or worse dead. Now I do not look forward to these storms one bit. More power to you.

Fairegirl33
by Melissa on May. 2, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I'm in SW Florida....Its about 85 today here... sunny and clear sky.

Yes, I LOVE thunderstorms.

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 3:17 PM

YEP I love storms and before I had DD and I lived on the plains of Colorado boardering Nebraska and Kansas we would chase. 

Mommy_Jenx3
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 3:17 PM
We're having the same today and tomorrow in Michigan. It's supposed to be mid 70's by later today and mid 80's tomorrow and Friday.....with storms, so that makes it unstable with the heat and humidity. I hate storms
CountryStrong84
by Tater Salad on May. 2, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Were you in Tuscaloosa?

Quoting fallenangel_353:

I used to love storms and get excited when we would have tornado warnings. That is until last April when an F5 came through my town, demolished it, killed people, and went through the edge of my front yard....All while I was watching... All I could think about was my 2 kids down in the storm cellar. Dh and I were both freaked, he was shaking, but trying to keep his cool, I was bawling my eyes out wondering if any of my loved ones were hurt, or worse dead. Now I do not look forward to these storms one bit. More power to you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeganGallagher
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:18 PM
i love love love storms!
stay safe and ENJOY!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallenangel_353
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Quoting CountryStrong84:

Were you in Tuscaloosa?

Quoting fallenangel_353:

Nope, in Cullman,(north of birmingham) But Tuscaloosa got its ass handed to them too, big time!

CountryStrong84
by Tater Salad on May. 2, 2012 at 3:21 PM
I was in ohatchee. But cullman got hit really hard. So sad :(

Quoting fallenangel_353:

Quoting CountryStrong84:

Were you in Tuscaloosa?

Quoting fallenangel_353:

Nope, in Cullman,(north of birmingham) But Tuscaloosa got its ass handed to them too, big time!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)