Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I think my car has a case of the iwasjustpaidoff-itis...

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:47 PM
  • 4 Replies

I paid her (her name is Ruby, lol) off in February, and the day before yesterday my check engine light came on.  I haven't had a single problem out of it until now...ugh.  Anyone else have that problem?

by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AHmom103
by Alexis on May. 2, 2012 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, our truck blew a spark plug right after we paid it off, cost $200 to fix. It's been blowing one out every few months since. Should be done soon though, we only have 2 left that haven't blown.

AshandJax
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Yep!
Not even a month after I got mine paid off, it completely quit!
We had to get a new engine to put in it and I'll be SOOOOO glad when I get my car back!
dmarie2101
by The Assassin on May. 2, 2012 at 6:05 PM

yep. lol. well i have 2 payments left. my water pump went out monday, and today i had a flat, when i pulled over to change it, i saw the right back tire was low. luckily it held out til i finished my route (which happens to be one of my longest, of course) and got to the tire shop to get a new tire, and the guy aired the other back up. its still ok, hopefully it stays that way. but its also dropping rpms really fast when i slow down, it doesnt drop too low or anything, it just does it faster than usual.

ugh.

EyEmTuRtLe
by Turtle on May. 2, 2012 at 6:11 PM

My 2002 PT Cruiser is the same way. Paid her off an she through a hissy fit by demanding a new master clutch cylinder. There is nothing like sitting at an intersection when your car decided no matter what it's not budging from where you are at.

4 months and $500 later she's decided it's time to threatening to blow her clutch. I haven't even had her a year yet. Which really pisses me off is it's going to cost us more to fix the clutch than the car is worth. Grrrr~!

I will never ever look at, accept as a gift or buy another damn Chrysler.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)