Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When you go grocery shopping

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:05 PM
  • 98 Replies

How do you do it? What I mean is, do you hit certain areas first? Start on one side and work your way up and down each aisle? Do you find yourself having to go back to certain aisles/areas for something you forgot?

by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 2, 2012 at 6:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Go in with a list.  Start out in the produce then the meat case then the aisles (but only go down the aisles that has stuff I NEED on it) then hit up the frozen & dairy case.  I mark it off as I put it in my cart so I know I got everything.

Sagely
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I walk the whole store, up and down every aisle, starting on the right hand side.

Gosh I have no idea why I spend so much money! LoL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CBMMOM
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 6:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I wander aimlessly. It's very inefficient.

razmatazthespaz
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:09 PM

this exactly except i use a mental list, i don't write it down but i know exactly and specifically what i need

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Go in with a list.  Start out in the produce then the meat case then the aisles (but only go down the aisles that has stuff I NEED on it) then hit up the frozen & dairy case.  I mark it off as I put it in my cart so I know I got everything.

nickigoingon8
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

This might seem completely OCD but I write my list in order of the isles and then all I have to do is follow the list and go down the isles I absolutely have to go down. This also stops me from buying stuff I don't need.

amirahsmommy11
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:10 PM
I do that too...my husband hates shopping with me lol

Quoting Sagely:

I walk the whole store, up and down every aisle, starting on the right hand side.

Gosh I have no idea why I spend so much money! LoL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sllytnkrbl
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 6:10 PM
I make a list based on the store layout otherwise I will forget something
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-MidnightKarma-
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Go in with a list starting at one side of the store making it to the other side
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristinawithaK
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:12 PM

start with a list.  stick to the perimeter.  the aisles are mostly for processed foods.  we don't buy a lot of junk food.

if I don't have pen/paper for when I go to the store, I remember by taking note of how many items I have to get and then remember the first letter of each item, helps me remember, I dunno why.  I'm a weirdo.

melissa632
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 6:12 PM
I go to the meats & then build meals around whatever meats I buy. I make a list for small things like condiments, dressings, special ingredients, etc...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)