Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I NIP Today and Got The "Evil Eye"

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:13 PM
  • 50 Replies
I got the "evil eye" today.

We ran to the grocery store. I had 5 of my 7 kids in tow (the older 2 were at the Grandma's). I had forgotten his blanket (b/c it's sooo warm outside and didn't think "blanket"). My Jacob (9 months) got really ansey and wanted to nurse in the hamburger isle. I just latched him on real quick to get him to stop trying to wiggle out of my arms. He likes to do the alligator death roll. LOL!

I guess as I was nursing him for that 3 minutes (nothing showing btw) the lady walked by. I didn't notice, but DH laughed about how a lady gave me 2 dirty looks.

I was like oh well and laughed. My sweet hubby was all like, she's just jealous b/c you look so good. LOL! He's so sweet! I know I have about 20 lbs to shed, but he always finds a way to make me feel good about myself. :) I am also so happy he's always been so supportive of me nursing. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Sorry for her ignorance! That was sweet of him :)

kcangel63
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:19 PM
It's funny. I NIP a lot and have only had one other lady (that I've noticed) give me a hateful look. IDK why, but it kind of cracks me up. Then I feel guilty for finding it funny. LOL

Quoting VintageWife:

Sorry for her ignorance! That was sweet of him :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjfamily
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe the dirty look was for having 5 kids and your husband at the market. You guys were prob taking up the whole aisle. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grey7399
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I gotta say I give public nursers a second look but only because I'm not used to seeing it.

As long as I'm not looking at someones sagging gut or to much tit - I don't care.  I don't care if the woman or man isn't nursing but they're still showing to much boob or gut, they're going to get a dirty look.

I even give the naked guy running down the side of the highway a dirty look and flip him the bird. AND HE'S RIPPED.  Its just not what I need to see cruising at 65mph.

grey7399
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:23 PM

ahhhhh and your hubby is a great guy!

kcangel63
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:23 PM
LOL! At least they were being super good. :D

Quoting kjfamily:

Maybe the dirty look was for having 5 kids and your husband at the market. You guys were prob taking up the whole aisle. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
You have a naked jogger?

Quoting grey7399:

I gotta say I give public nursers a second look but only because I'm not used to seeing it.

As long as I'm not looking at someones sagging gut or to much tit - I don't care.  I don't care if the woman or man isn't nursing but they're still showing to much boob or gut, they're going to get a dirty look.

I even give the naked guy running down the side of the highway a dirty look and flip him the bird. AND HE'S RIPPED.  Its just not what I need to see cruising at 65mph.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by Jennifer on May. 2, 2012 at 9:25 PM

This part made me giggle. Maybe he is looking forward to eating hamburgers one day. hahahahaha

Quoting kcangel63:

We ran to the grocery store. I had 5 of my 7 kids in tow (the older 2 were at the Grandma's). I had forgotten his blanket (b/c it's sooo warm outside and didn't think "blanket"). My Jacob (9 months) got really ansey and wanted to nurse in the hamburger isle. I just latched him on real quick to get him to stop trying to wiggle out of my arms. He likes to do the alligator death roll. LOL!

I guess as I was nursing him for that 3 minutes (nothing showing btw) the lady walked by. I didn't notice, but DH laughed about how a lady gave me 2 dirty looks.

I was like oh well and laughed. My sweet hubby was all like, she's just jealous b/c you look so good. LOL! He's so sweet! I know I have about 20 lbs to shed, but he always finds a way to make me feel good about myself. :) I am also so happy he's always been so supportive of me nursing. :)

kcangel63
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:28 PM
He LOVES watching us eat. He smacks and licks his lips. I gave him some of my broccoli soup yesterday. I though he was going to dive into my bowl! LOL! I had hubby feed him a bowl of his own. Come to find out, I feed babies much cleaner than hubby. :)

Quoting Pnukey:

This part made me giggle. Maybe he is looking forward to eating hamburgers one day. hahahahaha

Quoting kcangel63:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Maybe she was just looking.

I swear every look these days is giving someone the "evil eye."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)