Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My son just drank rotten formula :(

Posted by   + Show Post
I feel like such a horrible mom for even letting it happen...but I'm just wondering if he will be ok. I just laid him I his crib and went to go make him a bottle and I come back and he is already drinking an old bottle. And he hasn't slept in his crib for a few days now...so that bottle has been in there for a while. Should I call his doctor? Or keep a close eye? Is it even something to be concerned about?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Replies (111-120):
bmcandmmh
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Holy cow everyone is awful! It was probably hidden by bedding! This could have well been me! It's tough taking care of an infant and with the loss of sleep too it's hard to remember everything! My ds drank milk in bed.. Who cares. His teeth are fine. And he only drinks chocolate milk now. The dentist is going to hate me. Oops lol. I think your child will be fine. Maybe a little throw up nothing serious.

Quoting WhipperWhirl:

For the love of GOD!! Give the lady a break! Shit happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HouseMa
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Did you forget that there was a bottle in there?

He's probably going to be really sick....unless he didn't get a huge amount.

Live and Learn and remember to take the bottles out of his crib next time.

louzannalady
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:36 PM

No answer. Bump.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Ds has done this a time or two when he was younger i just gave him a fresh bottle and hoped he wouldnt vomit. I now clean up the bottle (s) once a day but I generally use one and keep it that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShaniahsMama
by Cha Cha on May. 2, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Shit happens.

If he drank a lot of it, he should vomit soon.

Just be careful next time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hottmomma264
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:45 PM
He is sleeping....so I guess he feels ok. Thanks for the concern :)

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

Update us on how he is feeling!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Scarlette12
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Probably will be getting a tummy ache, unsure.. I breast feed but I hope he doesn't get sick :/

luvmymunchkins3
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting scorpiomama1985:

Maybe you should ask your dentist you got lucky it didn't happen to you because it's true and does happen
SammiBaby
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Not something I would be that worried about. If he is sleeping right now then I am sure he is fine. Nothing to call the doctor over. I would just be more conscious of dirty bottles lying around before laying baby down for bed.

And really "ladies", it's necessary to be complete fucking bitches to someone who was asking for genuine advice? It's a damn crying shame that women can not for the life of them set aside their catty behavior to be supportive instead of shredding a woman to pieces. It's not a wonder some men treat women like shit....WOMEN treat other women like shit.

scorpiomama1985
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:02 AM
I know it can def happen with kool aid an juices because thats all my mom gave me as a baby in my bottles all night an I had my 4 front teeth pulled at the age of 2 :/ but si far my kids have healthy teeth... Thankfully

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

Quoting scorpiomama1985:

Maybe you should ask your dentist you got lucky it didn't happen to you because it's true and does happen
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)