Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My son just drank rotten formula :(

Posted by   + Show Post
I feel like such a horrible mom for even letting it happen...but I'm just wondering if he will be ok. I just laid him I his crib and went to go make him a bottle and I come back and he is already drinking an old bottle. And he hasn't slept in his crib for a few days now...so that bottle has been in there for a while. Should I call his doctor? Or keep a close eye? Is it even something to be concerned about?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Replies (151-160):
UxorQuodMatris.
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:34 AM
My dd found a sippy that had been MIA and drank it once, it was old milk, yuck. She puked but was fine otherwise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
braezmommy89
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Ohmylanta some of you women are insanely rude!!

He will be fine mamma... he may or may not have a tummy ache... he may or may not spit it up... if he devolops a fever, starts acting abnormal etc then call your doctor asap.

OR

If you would feel better call the doc now and see what he says, just for your own peace of mind, kwim?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kchellejones330
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:27 PM
2 moms liked this
And why would that be something you brag about... keep up with your child and their well being and that wouldn't happen!!

Quoting sfkdny:

oh please, mrs. perfect mom.  I have found old bottles behind the crib/couch,etc.  stuff happens. 

Quoting Kchellejones330:

He should not even have dirty bottles laying around, wtf. I'd call the doctor and clean your house. That's nasty.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DallasGirl214
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Geez why would a bottle be in his crib for days??? I am sure this has already been asked but damn! I always washed my kids bottles right away as soon as they were done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sfkdny
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this

no one is bragging - shit happens and you were a judgmental wench in your reply...there is no need for that.  get over yourself!!!

Quoting Kchellejones330:

And why would that be something you brag about... keep up with your child and their well being and that wouldn't happen!!

Quoting sfkdny:

oh please, mrs. perfect mom.  I have found old bottles behind the crib/couch,etc.  stuff happens. 

Quoting Kchellejones330:

He should not even have dirty bottles laying around, wtf. I'd call the doctor and clean your house. That's nasty.

sam12796
by Sandy on May. 3, 2012 at 6:00 PM

He very well could get food poisoning. Not to mention it is possible there was mold in it. I would call the pediatrician and let them know what happened to be on the safe side.

alreadydidthis
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:01 PM
My kids did too and they didnt get tooth decay. But when they were sleep i tool it out their mouth.

Quoting greenmachine47:

Quoting Sweet_Britt:

Its not just drinking the bottle, but that 1. you're not brushing their teeth afterwards and 2. a lot of babies fall asleep with the nipple in their mouth. If formula has pooled in their mouth and they're sleeping like that, it absolutely will cause problems and rot...it can be as simple as turning their teeth yellow, creating white spots (that will eventually turn into cavities), it can DEFINITELY cause those horrible teeth we see in pictures. 

BUUUUUT, I fully agree, these women were bitches about it! lol

Quoting greenmachine47:

I'm sorry peeps the mom was asking for advice not to be criticized. It could have been an over site it's not like any of us in here are perfect. Far as tooth decay from a kid drinking a bottle in their crib imo is a myth some so called expert claims. My daughter drank bottles in her crib when she was old enough to hold her own bottles and her teeth are fine. 

Thats why when tghe child falls asleep you gently take the bottel out of their mouth when they wake up take a damp cloth and wipe their mouth out. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaofemma
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:01 PM
How did i know it would be you to say that? U always say something mean!

Quoting CaptainFeast:

Why is there an old bottle in his crib? Do you not do a bottle sweep at least ONCE a day? Besides that, you shouldn't let a baby go to sleep with a bottle in their mouths--it's bad for the teeth. 

I would call the doctor, that's nasty.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briellesmomma
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 6:02 PM
I 2nd this

Quoting Starr1089:

Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Its poopy smart one

Quoting Supervane:

I cringed when I read this... What else is rotting in his room? It worse his crib? Got any poppy diapers in there to...

He'll probably get some sort of food poisoning. But I think he'll live
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)