Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My son just drank rotten formula :(

Posted by   + Show Post
I feel like such a horrible mom for even letting it happen...but I'm just wondering if he will be ok. I just laid him I his crib and went to go make him a bottle and I come back and he is already drinking an old bottle. And he hasn't slept in his crib for a few days now...so that bottle has been in there for a while. Should I call his doctor? Or keep a close eye? Is it even something to be concerned about?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Replies (31-40):
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on May. 2, 2012 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I always wash bottles/sippie cups right after use....but there were times, I'd go to deep clean and move a dresser and one comes rolling out from under....and it makes you say "WTF" to yourself..lol.

Quoting CaptainFeast:

We don't think we're perfect. Hell, I'm a self-admitted shit housekeeper. But, when my oldest was on the bottle, I never let them sit and rot. I had to wash those bitches--I don't want to smell rotting formula!

Quoting shajdinyak:

It happens. Sorry about all the women who think they are perfect. Hopefully he will be fine. I would probably call Dr on call to be sure. Maybe it was empty. I would think it would taste nasty.

pinkiebabii
by Jennie on May. 2, 2012 at 9:53 PM
I'm sure he will be fine. My pos sil never wash my nephews bottles and he would drink from whatever bottle he found. It was disgusting but he survived.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alliemad_3
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Good grief people.

OP, he'll probably be fine. Maybe some tummy issues.

I can't be the only one who had a rogue bottle (when I bottle fed my oldest) or a sippy cup get stuffed somewhere only to be found after its nasty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shellyhoffland
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:53 PM
3 moms liked this
I am sure shes hard enough on herself without rude comments ladies....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CaptainFeast
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I don't think I tore her apart. It's more of a friendly, "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING?"

I know it's hard taking care of an infant and we get a little fatigued, but you gotta keep your head in the game.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

I remember when my ds was a baby and he was on the bottle. I would wash the bottles and still find one somewhere. It happens.  It's not the end of the world. And everyone makes a mistake. I am sure she will make double sure there are no bottles left in there again.  She was asking for advice, not to be torn apart for something she already feels terrible for. 

Quoting CaptainFeast:

We don't think we're perfect. Hell, I'm a self-admitted shit housekeeper. But, when my oldest was on the bottle, I never let them sit and rot. I had to wash those bitches--I don't want to smell rotting formula!

Quoting shajdinyak:

It happens. Sorry about all the women who think they are perfect. Hopefully he will be fine. I would probably call Dr on call to be sure. Maybe it was empty. I would think it would taste nasty.

BraydensMama163
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:54 PM
I think you got enough advice, but I will say keep a better check on bottles and don't let the baby put himself to sleep with a bottle. Its never good for them. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabirch88
4 moms liked this
Omg people. I love how all of you criticizing her seem to think your perfect mothers. Shit happens. Most people I know put their baby to bed with a bottle. How do you know she doesn't do a "bottle sweep" once a day and this one was missed by mistake? You don't but yet you still judge and bash her. Shame on you.

OP- he will probably end up getting sick at his tummy but I'm sure he will survive. Google it. I promise you are not the only mother who has ever made this mistake or asked this question.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobinBright

I'd call the ped and ask, keep an eye on his tummy....  Never had that problem since the only bottles in the crib were water.  

scorpiomama1985
Not true... my 3 girls went to bed with (formula only) bottles an none have rotten teeth.. They are 9, 5 &6 I make them brush twice a day..

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

I'd call. Btw bottles in bed =tooth decay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shajdinyak
I hear u , but maybe she is overwhelmed and had a bad day. She's probably worried enough and doesn't need all the cafemom gods on her case. LOL

Quoting CaptainFeast:

Quoting shajdinyak:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)