Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

It's that time of year when a lot people start to house hunt. We were doing it this time last year, and it was a pain, but so worth it in the end. So, let's see the house you have you eye on.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Replies (11-13):
karabearblu
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Well you already saw my house last night but today we got a counter offer and we are going to accept it today and hopefully we can start the process towards buying this house!! It is $69,900 which is a steal but not much lower than the average home price in this town (love the cost of living) I'm so excited though so I'll post the pics again and describe.

Outside of the home. It has a beautiful wrap around porch and the garage we were looking for (seemed everything we looked for in a higher price range did not have a garage!!). What the pics don't show is a yard over to the left. For some reason these people put a privacy fence around half of what could the yard and left the other part open. We are going to take the chain link fence out and extend the privacy fence to enclose the whole backyard so we have a decent sized yard!

The kitchen which I am IN LOVE WITH. The only thing I would change is the wallpaper border around the top. I am the ultimate wallpaper hater, but I don't mind any of it except for the border. It is all completely updated though. They are taking the light fixture above the little bar though

The master bedroom. It is bigger than it looks in the pic plus the sellers have more furniture than I've ever seen in my life stuffed into this house. Can't wait to see it empty. Plus this room has a walk-in closet. The house I live in now has TINY closets. I have clothes piled everywhere. I can't WAIT to have closet space and this house has TONS.

The living room which is really small but I am willing to sacrifice space here for what we get outdoors. Fenced in yard, playhouse with loft for the kids, screened in porch, fire pit with some nice stone around it. We will be hanging out there a lot!!

Downstairs bathroom. Wallpaper will be coming down but otherwise I love it!! It has a stand up shower. No tub which is perfect for me. I NEVER take baths.

The upstairs bedrooms, which are bigger than they look in the pics. Again they have tons of furniture which makes everything look smaller. Big closets in these rooms plus another closet in the hallway! There is also another full bathroom up here that they didn't have a picture of. The tub will eventually need replaced but it is a cute little bathroom.

This is the extra room off the kitchen. Not sure what we would use it for yet. Maybe an office or a mud room. We want to get a freezer or another fridge so this would be a good place to put it.

Dining room. I LOVE the floors in this room. They look weird in the pic but they are wood and really neat looking. This house is all hardwood except the upstairs. 

This is a two story building outside. It has a loft and will make an absolutely perfect "treehouse" for the girls. I doubt we will ever see them in the house if they have this.

Screened in porch. That plastic will be coming down if we close by early summer!!

And this is the mess we have to deal with first thing this summer. They are taking the greenhouse. I don't want it and the sellers do so I said TAKE IT!!! We are going to take out all the plants and just leave the fire pit area. We are going to plant grass and extend the privacy fence out to the end of the rest of the yard and have one big yard!

The roof is 1 year old on this house which is great. The furnace isn't that old. The only thing we are worried about is the central air. The sellers don't know if it works or not so obviously they don't use it. They said it might need frion but we don't know what we are getting into with that so we are going to have a heating & cooling person come in and look at it at or around the inspection to give us a quote. This house is a gem. 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms, tons of closet space, a big pantry in the kitchen, the utility area is closed off by sliding doors in the kitchen which ROCKS. No one will have to see my dirty laundry! I am too darn excited right now. I hope everything works out. I am ready to get my hands dirty with the fence and ripping down some wallpaper and making this place our own!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Shaynas_Mommy
by Country Sweetheart on May. 3, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Good luck with everything. The part you are at now is the big pain in the ass. It's all a waiting game now. I would give anything to have that greenhouse on my land though.

Quoting karabearblu:

Well you already saw my house last night but today we got a counter offer and we are going to accept it today and hopefully we can start the process towards buying this house!! It is $69,900 which is a steal but not much lower than the average home price in this town (love the cost of living) I'm so excited though so I'll post the pics again and describe.

ren109
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:47 PM

We have an offer in on this one, but it's a short sale, so it's taking forever. It's over 2300 sqft, twice as big as we're renting right now. 4bed, 2 bath. It needs appliances, paint, and light fixtures, but I love it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN