Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

For all those house hunting....

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:26 PM
  • 13 Replies

It's that time of year when a lot people start to house hunt. We were doing it this time last year, and it was a pain, but so worth it in the end. So, let's see the house you have you eye on.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
razmatazthespaz
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:37 PM

we're still working on our downpayment, but it shouldn't be more then a month or two, and HOPEFULLY this house is still on the market,it doesn't qualify for FHA and it's a little beat up, so we're thinking we've got a good chance at it!

4 bedrooms, 1700 sq ft, half acre and mostly hardwood floors! I"M IN LOVE WITH!

alf2651
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Here's the house we're looking at. We're hoping to put in an offer soon. And it's right up the road (about a 7 minute walk) from the in-laws.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Shaynas_Mommy
by Country Sweetheart on May. 2, 2012 at 10:48 PM

It is really nice on the inside. Just needs some mowing and general maintenance on the outside. Good luck!

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

we're still working on our downpayment, but it shouldn't be more then a month or two, and HOPEFULLY this house is still on the market,it doesn't qualify for FHA and it's a little beat up, so we're thinking we've got a good chance at it!

Shaynas_Mommy
by Country Sweetheart on May. 2, 2012 at 10:50 PM

That's great! I would give anything to still have my in-laws here. MIL passed in 08 and FIL passed before I met DH.

Quoting alf2651:

Here's the house we're looking at. We're hoping to put in an offer soon. And it's right up the road (about a 7 minute walk) from the in-laws.

razmatazthespaz
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:57 PM

the previos owners also took a hammer to a few wall and one of the cabinets, but drywall is easy! the cabinet door we'll have to have custom made to match the rest, but all in all, not so bad!

Quoting Shaynas_Mommy:

It is really nice on the inside. Just needs some mowing and general maintenance on the outside. Good luck!

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

Shaynas_Mommy
by Country Sweetheart on May. 3, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Yes, drywall is one of the easier cosmetic things to fix. We gutted our old house to the studs and it took 11 months to complete. We then sold it after living in it for a little over a year. Sometimes it takes work to make it what you want it to be.

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

the previos owners also took a hammer to a few wall and one of the cabinets, but drywall is easy! the cabinet door we'll have to have custom made to match the rest, but all in all, not so bad!

Quoting Shaynas_Mommy:

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

Tea4Tas
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

Not going to lie, I looked at the outside, and said wow-what is she smoking. But the inside is quite nice, and the outside is fixable, certainly.

Rebeccaroe
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:44 AM
We are not looking to buy as we already own our house but looking to rent in another state for work and the search has not been successful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grammarpolice
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:48 AM

This has been on the market a while. It's around the corner from me. We've kind of been keeping an eye on it, but realize it's probably near the top of our budget and needs a lot of upgrades. 

http://www.century21.com/property/shoreham-ny-11786-REN001614141

Kodysmommy928
by Jenjo-a-gogo on May. 3, 2012 at 9:55 AM

We are not house hunting, but I love looking at Georgia real estate.  I want to move there so badly and you can buy a giany house for well under $200k.  We are hoping to move in the next year or two.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN