Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Just saw this on facebook...um...wow?

Posted by   + Show Post

A friend posted this on facebook and I commented that I did not see the big deal and that Muslims and Christians worship the same god so what's the issue?

What are your thoughts?

(and maybe this has been posted but it's my first time seeing it)

I am atheist and I personally don't want any type of religious anything on my money. However, god or not, it still spends the same so no plans to boycott anytime soon! lol

by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Replies (101-110):
razmatazthespaz
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:16 AM
4 moms liked this

so i think the argument is more like this, Same god different interpretations of his teachings, and different representations of his ideals... same base idea, one omnipitent being who created us, many of the same philosiphies and teaching and some almost identical stories.....

like a dad with three kids... Dad says "don't mess around today, you've got some hard work ahead of you"

Kid one "ok dad we'll work hard.... cleaning the kitchen"

Kid two "no he meant cleaning the yard"

Kid three "no he meant cleaning the car"

Kid one "whatever i'm just gonna clean the kitchen, anyone who cleans anything else is just wrong"

Kid two " fine when dad gets home i'll be the wone that was right, off the the yard now"

Kid three "yeah have fun, both wrong, i'm cleaning the car"

all 3 kids have the same dad, but all have a completely different idea as to what he wants them to do!

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting .Pagan.:

i personally dont see a reason for any one path to be right They all exclude the other or say that one is the completion of the other, as in the case of Judism and Christianity. But ALL cannot be true, because they are all contradictory. but if you are wanting to argue the validity of the god being the same within the three religions it is a non issue...it is the same. If two out of the three are incorrect according to the other, and that is true no matter what two out of the three you pick, how can they gods be the same? the split among them occurs after that point.  To what point are you referring?the religions are not the same in practice on many aspects but the god is. Wrong. The GOD of each religion is the one who dictates the practices, which are contradictory, from one book to another. Why would ONE god command different things? 

Quoting Apollos82:

http://www.gotquestions.org/same-God.html

They are all Abrahamic religions, but they all are exclusive. One cannot be right if any of the other two are right. 

Quoting .Pagan.:

i find it silly of you to refuse to understand that they are all Abrahamic beliefs and follow the same god.  

Quoting Apollos82:

Allah is NOT the same God as the Christian God and I find it incredibly small minded of you to think that. 

babie113
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Yes but only because Pilgrims came here so they could practice. Whatever they wanted without. Persecution. ..in England the religion was Catholic. Anyone not willing to convert was tortured and killed ....hence freedom of religion. I know my history

Quoting starreyedcutie:

Weather people want to believe it or not religion and faith was a major building block and foundation of our country...

Quoting babie113:

Its dumb God and Allah is the same thing.....I don't think any religion needs to be on our money
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
razmatazthespaz
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

ummmmm, i think you are confusing the entire religion with it's fanatics!!!!  every religion has them.....

the muslim religion does not actuallly condone murder any more than christianity does (ok i realize that might not be the best comparison considering how many people have died in the name of the christian god, but you catch my drift)

Quoting starreyedcutie:

Yea but most religions don't want to murder the non believers

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

most religons do

Quoting starreyedcutie:

Well the Muslims do want everyone to believe as they do doesn't surprise me that bs like this would.show up

Apollos82

Except one kid thinks Dad said to kill the other two kids. ;) 

Nice thought, though. 

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

so i think the argument is more like this, Same god different interpretations of his teachings, and different representations of his ideals... same base idea, one omnipitent being who created us, many of the same philosiphies and teaching and some almost identical stories.....

like a dad with three kids... Dad says "don't mess around today, you've got some hard work ahead of you"

Kid one "whatever i'm just gonna clean the kitchen, anyone who cleans anything else is just wrong"

Kid two " fine when dad gets home i'll be the wone that was right, off the the yard now"

all 3 kids have the same dad, but all have a completely different idea as to what he wants them to do!

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting .Pagan.:

i personally dont see a reason for any one path to be right They all exclude the other or say that one is the completion of the other, as in the case of Judism and Christianity. But ALL cannot be true, because they are all contradictory. but if you are wanting to argue the validity of the god being the same within the three religions it is a non issue...it is the same. If two out of the three are incorrect according to the other, and that is true no matter what two out of the three you pick, how can they gods be the same? the split among them occurs after that point.  To what point are you referring?the religions are not the same in practice on many aspects but the god is. Wrong. The GOD of each religion is the one who dictates the practices, which are contradictory, from one book to another. Why would ONE god command different things? 

Quoting Apollos82:

They are all Abrahamic religions, but they all are exclusive. One cannot be right if any of the other two are right. 

Quoting .Pagan.:

i find it silly of you to refuse to understand that they are all Abrahamic beliefs and follow the same god.  

Quoting Apollos82:

Allah is NOT the same God as the Christian God and I find it incredibly small minded of you to think that. 

jadsmummy
5 moms liked this
Hello I am a Muslim. I would like to inform you on behalf of the worldwide Muslim community we don't want to kill you and that such action of murdering another or forcing someone to be a Muslim is 100% against our faith. So in short Muslims don't want to force the world to be Muslim if you choose of your own freewill to become a Muslim welcome if not live and let live my friend and again we don't want to kill you.

Quoting starreyedcutie:

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

most religons do

Quoting starreyedcutie:

Well the Muslims do want everyone to believe as they do doesn't surprise me that bs like this would.show up

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Look up infidel...its non believer ...in the Muslim religion they want everyone to convert and if they don't it says in their book the infidel should be killed

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

ummmmm, i think you are confusing the entire religion with it's fanatics!!!!  every religion has them.....

the muslim religion does not actuallly condone murder any more than christianity does (ok i realize that might not be the best comparison considering how many people have died in the name of the christian god, but you catch my drift)

Quoting starreyedcutie:

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

most religons do

Quoting starreyedcutie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
razmatazthespaz
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:21 AM

well actually all 3 kids think dad told them to kill the others that didnt follow their lead.....

Quoting Apollos82:

Nice thought, though. 

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting .Pagan.:

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting .Pagan.:

Quoting Apollos82:

Apollos82
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Christianity in NO WAY teaches to kill the non believers. 

Islam does. Many times, many different ways.

Judaism doesn't teach it as a principle, but it was condoned at one point in history. 

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

well actually all 3 kids think dad told them to kill the others that didnt follow their lead.....

Quoting Apollos82:

Nice thought, though. 

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting .Pagan.:

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting .Pagan.:

Quoting Apollos82:

razmatazthespaz
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:23 AM

ya know the bible says a lot of the same stuff right?????

does that mean that all christians actually think god wants people to kill non believers????

no the fanatics focus on the hate and ya know.... murder.... and the rest don't, because they realize the bigger picture is love!

Quoting starreyedcutie:

Look up infidel...its non believer ...in the Muslim religion they want everyone to convert and if they don't it says in their book the infidel should be killed

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

Quoting starreyedcutie:

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

most religons do

Quoting starreyedcutie:

Lydlou02
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol. Then dad comes home and asks why they didn't finish their homework.

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting .Pagan.:

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting .Pagan.:

Quoting Apollos82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN