Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Just saw this on facebook...um...wow?

Posted by   + Show Post

A friend posted this on facebook and I commented that I did not see the big deal and that Muslims and Christians worship the same god so what's the issue?

What are your thoughts?

(and maybe this has been posted but it's my first time seeing it)

I am atheist and I personally don't want any type of religious anything on my money. However, god or not, it still spends the same so no plans to boycott anytime soon! lol

by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Replies (51-60):
Ireallydontcare
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Yes they do.

Eh, whatever. I get what you are saying OP. People just need to get their knickers from their cracks and just let people worship who and how they want.

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

Muslims and Christians worship the same god?
Ok....

Crunchy Ideas

cLanief
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:31 PM
I don't see a problem.

Off the wall here... I saw a girl at the store yesterday working.. She had such a pretty white sparkly scarf on her head and a teal blue With rhinestones one under it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ireallydontcare
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:32 PM

OH WTF

just because someone is Christian, it doesn't make them any less educated than you. I know you said "some" but it is quite obvious what you mean.

For the record I already knew that.

Quoting Lydlou02:

I wonder how many Christians will be offended by your stating that God & Allah are the same.
It just shows how some never bother to learn about their own religion.

LizzieAnnesMom
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I know there are similarities between Islam and Christianity, however if they are the same god, why are they portrayed so differently. For example, with the Christian God It is strongly encouraged by him that his followers develop a close relationship with him . It is encouraged to know God. However with Allah it is considered Blasphemous to claim to know him. So why would he have one book written asking his followers to know him and become close to him, and have another book written that does not?

Quoting jadsmummy:

Over 1400 years now. Since day 1 in Islam not that new of an issue if you want to get really technical since the beginning with Adam and Eve.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Since when to Muslims and Christians worship the same God??

jadsmummy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Those are soooooooo itchy on me! I can't wear the glitter sequins sparkley type it annoys my skin! Ahhhh like all woman fashion vs comfort LOL. I am not judging I wear heels. :)

Quoting cLanief:

I don't see a problem.

Off the wall here... I saw a girl at the store yesterday working.. She had such a pretty white sparkly scarf on her head and a teal blue With rhinestones one under it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnttd
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Pastafarians unite. My husband has the vehicle decal. Lol.

Quoting miss_lisa:

I now want to stamp money with 'No God but flying spaghetti monster'.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cLanief
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Oh no! these were soft ones I could tell! and the teal one only had 1 row of rhinestones on it. They were pretty. I love scarves and wanted the white one lmfao

Quoting jadsmummy:

Those are soooooooo itchy on me! I can't wear the glitter sequins sparkley type it annoys my skin! Ahhhh like all woman fashion vs comfort LOL. I am not judging I wear heels. :)

Quoting cLanief:

I don't see a problem.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jadsmummy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:42 PM
2 moms liked this
We believe that parts of the Bible have been lost and misinterpreted and things added to it thus creating a document that is not reliable. Therefore using it as a proof is a void argument as its reliability and accuracy are in question. However by develop a closer relationship if you mean to love God to be a pious believer and to endever to gain religious understanding to live with dignity and respect for yourself and your fellow man its the same.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

I know there are similarities between Islam and Christianity, however if they are the same god, why are they portrayed so differently. For example, with the Christian God It is strongly encouraged by him that his followers develop a close relationship with him . It is encouraged to know God. However with Allah it is considered Blasphemous to claim to know him. So why would he have one book written asking his followers to know him and become close to him, and have another book written that does not?

Quoting jadsmummy:

Over 1400 years now. Since day 1 in Islam not that new of an issue if you want to get really technical since the beginning with Adam and Eve.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Since when to Muslims and Christians worship the same God??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Scarlette12

I'm Athiest as well and it really doesn't bother me.. I mean it's money, something I need to buy things with lol.

Lydlou02
So because I wonder how many Christians (or atleast those who call them selves such) are offended, you automatically assume to know my beliefs?
I said exactly what I meant. Each word was carefully chosen. I truly wonder that.

Hey, wanna do me a favor and post a poll asking that question? I'd do it myself, but can't on mobile.

Quoting Ireallydontcare:

OH WTF

just because someone is Christian, it doesn't make them any less educated than you. I know you said "some" but it is quite obvious what you mean.

For the record I already knew that.

Quoting Lydlou02:

I wonder how many Christians will be offended by your stating that God & Allah are the same.

It just shows how some never bother to learn about their own religion.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN