Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Are you--yourself financially stable?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are you/yourself (not including dh or so) financially stable?

Options:

yes-for sure

yes-for the most part

no

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 221

View Results

Meaning--you--not including dh or so?  Would you be able to pay the bills and maintain a mortgage or rent if needed?   

by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Replies (31-40):
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Sorry to hear that

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

My husband did when he was working kinda screwed this month with him not working. With my income we can pay our rent, my car, and my car insurance.

Quoting lifeisajoy:

do you get assistance for that by an agency or so or does DH or SO or other family member assist with that?

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

Nope, not for our rent...

Coca.Cola
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I can't get past an interview. I have tried to work. I can't even work in a grocery store. 

Quoting lifeisajoy:

I have SSDI --but I worked 20 yrs prior to that and right now working very little hours --like 15 hours a month--  so b/w my SSDI check, my little work--I could stay where i am at--

Quoting Coca.Cola:

No. I am disabled. I can go into special housing if I need to. My disability check could provide for me and my daughter. 

dixiegurl223626
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

yes! I work full time and I just got a part time job I start in June and all the extra money from that is going straight to savings!

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:02 PM

heat, shelter, and food--minimal--but hey if it works, it works right???

Quoting kidlover2:

If you mean by living in a refrigerator box with a flashlight & eating wood shavings... that would be a yes

mamaelle88
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I own my home :) no mortgage, no rent. Thank God for my parents who would save my allowances for me. Also when i worked at age 14-18 i never spent the money except what i needed to, so i was saving a lot. At age 20 i was able to buy my first home :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmjmlj
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a stay at home mom but I do have "stashes" that if need be I can use to live off with my kids for give or take 2-3 years all income taxes bonus from his work and all go into this stash
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kenre
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I am single. I dont get child support. Currently I get a hundred in food stamps a month and MA as a second insurance to pay for what my out of pocket insurance doesnt cover. When I can refinance my van and get rid of my student loans I will be golden and able to be on my own. I wish I got the child support, though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RmeWifey01
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:04 PM

This. I've been a sahm for 9 yrs now, and EVERY FREAKING TIME I go out to look for a job my dh finds a way to screw it up. For instance, I got a temp job for Mother's Day weekend and bless his freaking heart he had a breakdown about it. I got offered a work-from-home-job today and dam it didn't he fuck that up too!!!! He has planned for us to go to Florida for block leave at the end of June, about 3 weeks into the damned job!!! EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME he has something negative to input about me getting a fucking job!! Then he won't give me any $ when I need something for myself. Oh sure for groceries it's no problem as long as I get his stinkin' junk food but if I NEED something he tells me to get a job. WTF??? I'm about ready to tell him to go on block leave to FL without me so I can work. Some days I just want to hit him in the face with a fucking sledge hammer. Ya feel me??? Then to make matters worse he won't even sit and talk to me tonight about this, he just gives me freakin' attitude, and just went to bed early.

**I apologize ladies for my rampant cussing tonight. I'm not usually this bad, but I'm fuming right now!!!**

Quoting Lostinindy:

Not anymore and it sucks.

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:04 PM

They called me and asked to work there--it is Per Diem and I don't drive and they even pick me up --because I have to go out and about--

Quoting Coca.Cola:

I can't get past an interview. I have tried to work. I can't even work in a grocery store. 

Quoting lifeisajoy:

I have SSDI --but I worked 20 yrs prior to that and right now working very little hours --like 15 hours a month--  so b/w my SSDI check, my little work--I could stay where i am at--

Quoting Coca.Cola:

No. I am disabled. I can go into special housing if I need to. My disability check could provide for me and my daughter. 

xo.MommyW.xo
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Eh thats life

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Sorry to hear that

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

My husband did when he was working kinda screwed this month with him not working. With my income we can pay our rent, my car, and my car insurance.

Quoting lifeisajoy:

do you get assistance for that by an agency or so or does DH or SO or other family member assist with that?

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

Nope, not for our rent...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN