Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

my july kitty had her babies

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:06 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mitty18
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Awwww, I can't wait for my Kitty to have her babies :-)
They are beautiful!! How is mama? Signs of labor, did you notice any, how was her behavior the few days before they were born?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mashnut3161
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Quoting mitty18:

Awwww, I can't wait for my Kitty to have her babies :-)
They are beautiful!! How is mama? Signs of labor, did you notice any, how was her behavior the few days before they were born?

No signs days before. But she hasn't eatin much today. She started yelling and screaming. Then she ran to the closet. We got her comfortable. I started petting her to help her. She liked being rubbed on her belly. It helped when I stood her up on her back legs too. I could feel the contractions. She had 4 but one was already dead when it was born. 3 survived. One is iffy on if it is going to make it. She doesn't seem to want to nurse that one, So I think I will have to bottle feed it if she doesnt jump in soon.

Mashnut3161
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:18 PM

We also have daddy kitty and he was sitting outside the bedroom door pacing frantically to get in but we wouldn't let him. everytime she screamed, so would he. It was kinda funny.

vanna_k
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:21 PM
DAWWWWW! I love kitties :) my parents' cat had her kittens almost a year ago. It was a really neat experience to get to see! She was so calm and focused. She took one of her kittens from her box and put it in the closet and refused to feed it. We tried bottle feeding it but it didn't make it :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vanna_k
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Poor grey kitty thought the kittens were hers. She made milk and nursed them and all. Black kitty didn't mind one bit! So cute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HouseMa
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Are you going to have her fixed after this litter?

They are cute.

Mashnut3161
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Quoting HouseMa:

They are cute.

we will as soon as the vet says its safe.

Mashnut3161
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Quoting Mashnut3161:

Quoting HouseMa:

They are cute.

she was scheduled to get fixed and that was how we found out she was pregnant.

HouseMa
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:52 AM

A friend once found a dog...took it to be fixed and found out it was pregnant with 12 puppies.  Because it was such a large litter she had to bottle feed some...by the time it was safe to adopt the puppies out she hadn't slept more than 3 hours a night in 12 weeks.

Good Luck with them, they are cute. 

Quoting Mashnut3161:

Quoting Mashnut3161:

Quoting HouseMa:

They are cute.

she was scheduled to get fixed and that was how we found out she was pregnant.

greenmachine47
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:22 AM

awww cute..I have 7 in a box in my closet now. My cat has kittens she has a lot. This litter was 9 but 2 didn't make it, last litter was 8 the 1st litter was 5. No more babies tg were geting a low cost spay/neuter clinic here. My cat everytim,e she was in labor would come to be and really started meowing and acting funny when going into labor. I did the same I would pet her to keep her calm but with the 1st litter when the 1st baby was coming she looked like an exorcist cat so I took my hand out real quick since she looked like she was going to chomp down on it. The last litter is the 1st litter she had that all the babies didn't survive. It took 2 days for her to have the last litter which i had never experinced before in all the times I have had cats.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)