Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
Vicious_fairy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Why dontyou get your cat spayed?

Quoting greenmachine47:

awww cute..I have 7 in a box in my closet now. My cat has kittens she has a lot. This litter was 9 but 2 didn't make it, last litter was 8 the 1st litter was 5. No more babies tg were geting a low cost spay/neuter clinic here. My cat everytim,e she was in labor would come to be and really started meowing and acting funny when going into labor. I did the same I would pet her to keep her calm but with the 1st litter when the 1st baby was coming she looked like an exorcist cat so I took my hand out real quick since she looked like she was going to chomp down on it. The last litter is the 1st litter she had that all the babies didn't survive. It took 2 days for her to have the last litter which i had never experinced before in all the times I have had cats.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momdoes
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:28 AM

So cute!!!!

I had a cat who I helped deliver 2 sets for once. The first litter, none made it at all. She had delivered 3, all dead. Then a week later she delivered another ne that was alot bigger than the others had been but she had alot of trouble and by the time I heard her and went to help, the kitten was dead too. There was no sac to the last one. Her second litter, only one died but 2 survived. She immediately didnt want anything to do with it. two years ago this oct, I hand raised a one week old kitten that was abandoned by its momma. She is the most beautiful cat I have ever owned! And mean as shit! LOL

greenmachine47
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:30 AM

The vets around here cost a lot to get a cat fixed. I'm a single low income mom so i can't afford the vets costs but like I said in my post were now getting a low-cost spaying and neutering clinic here so now I will be able to get my cat fixed.

EmilyMarshall
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:30 AM
bump

tme4mllr
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:31 AM

awwww!  i loooove kittens.  don't you wish they stayed that little & cute.  i wonder why there are no miniture cats?? there are mini horses, goats, dogs & even cows but not cats! :(

momdoes
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Eh, when I was 20, I had a cat named Tisha. I refused to get her spayed until she had a litter. I felt it would have been wrong to not let her experience motherhood, even as an animal, before that. After her, I had Tiny. She is theone who had the two sets. After each cat delivered, I got fixed. my male cat, got him fixed as soon as i got him and my baby, Shakey, at 9 months she was in kidney failure (but I had her fixed prior to finding out) as long as she is finding good homes for those kittens, I have no issues with a cat reproducing. Me, the older I get the less time I have to find homes for litters! LOL

Quoting Vicious_fairy:

Quoting greenmachine47:

awww cute..I have 7 in a box in my closet now. My cat has kittens she has a lot. This litter was 9 but 2 didn't make it, last litter was 8 the 1st litter was 5. No more babies tg were geting a low cost spay/neuter clinic here. My cat everytim,e she was in labor would come to be and really started meowing and acting funny when going into labor. I did the same I would pet her to keep her calm but with the 1st litter when the 1st baby was coming she looked like an exorcist cat so I took my hand out real quick since she looked like she was going to chomp down on it. The last litter is the 1st litter she had that all the babies didn't survive. It took 2 days for her to have the last litter which i had never experinced before in all the times I have had cats.

HouseMa
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Animals don't need 'to experience motherhood'.  They are actually much better off if they don't have to experience it.

Irresponsibly bringing animals into a world that is already overpopulated with animals isn't in anyone's best interests.

Quoting momdoes:

Eh, when I was 20, I had a cat named Tisha. I refused to get her spayed until she had a litter. I felt it would have been wrong to not let her experience motherhood, even as an animal, before that. After her, I had Tiny. She is theone who had the two sets. After each cat delivered, I got fixed. my male cat, got him fixed as soon as i got him and my baby, Shakey, at 9 months she was in kidney failure (but I had her fixed prior to finding out) as long as she is finding good homes for those kittens, I have no issues with a cat reproducing. Me, the older I get the less time I have to find homes for litters! LOL

Quoting Vicious_fairy:

Quoting greenmachine47:

momdoes
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I know that now. Remember this was 20 yrs ago for me! LOL I am still a big animal lover but not as soft hearted as I used to be. Also, read where my animals are spayed now and were evenually then too.

Quoting HouseMa:

Animals don't need 'to experience motherhood'.  They are actually much better off if they don't have to experience it.

Irresponsibly bringing animals into a world that is already overpopulated with animals isn't in anyone's best interests.

Quoting momdoes:

Quoting Vicious_fairy:

Quoting greenmachine47:

HouseMa
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:53 AM

I still have a huge heart for animals.

I rescue when I can and, if I had my way, I'd have one maziilion animals.  But, I can't feasibly pay for that many nor provide them with the proper care.

Quoting momdoes:

I know that now. Remember this was 20 yrs ago for me! LOL I am still a big animal lover but not as soft hearted as I used to be. Also, read where my animals are spayed now and were evenually then too.

Mashnut3161
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I already got my daddy cat fixed. but one of my poor babies, died this morning. so now we are down to two. They will get fixed as soon as they are big enough. we are keeping one and my MIL is keeping one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)