Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Looking for Christain opinions **Warning May be offensive to some**

Posted by   + Show Post

The recent events of the Pastor of a local church regarding the marriage amendment got my attention. I saw a statement directing me to the church's website and what I found was shocking to me. It may be normal to others but the churches openness about the views they teach have me shaking my head in disbelief that so many people follow its "rules". I know many people that attend this church and never would have believed that they would associate with people that discriminate and or judge so harshly how others choose to live. It won't let me make the link clicky but I posted it below.

http://www.bbcfnc.org/contemporary-issues.php

Family Planning:  We believe the Bible does not prohibit married couples from limiting the number of children they have through appropriate methods of birth control which prevent the conception of an egg, such as condoms, diaphrams and permanent medical procedures. We cannot endorse the use of birth control pills because of the rare possibility the BCP will act as an abortifacient if it fails to prevent conception. We reject the use of “morning after pills” and other devices which facilitate an abortion of the fertilized egg instead of preventing conception. We believe the Bible encourages married couples to have children (Gen. 1:28) and that parents should have as many children for whom they can properly provide. We reject the interpretation that Gen. 38:8-10 teaches that God does not approve of natural or artificial birth control methods.

Freemasonry: We believe that true followers of Jesus Christ should not be members of the Masonic Lodge because freemasonry does not insist upon a belief in the one true Trinitarian Creator God of the Bible to the exclusion of all “supreme beings” (Gen 1:1; 1 John 5:7). We reject any Masonic teaching that suggests the existence of a celestial lodge and the possibility of entrance into eternal life outside of repentance toward the one true Trinitarian God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 17:30; 20:21). We believe Christians should not relate to those outside of the body of Christ as eternal “brothers” when those who are not born-again will not inherit the Kingdom of God (John 1:12-13; 3:3-7). We believe that participation in masonry is a pseudo religion which detracts from one’s full allegiance to Jesus Christ and the gospel of His Kingdom (Mark 1:15). We believe it is wrong for believers to make oaths or swear by anything especially to gain entrance into a secret organization (Jam 5:12). We do not permit those who are part of freemasonry to be members of the church because of these conflicts to essential orthodox Christian doctrines.

Lottery: We believe Christians should not purchase lottery tickets. Buying lottery tickets is a form of gambling in which a person spends money based on an extremely remote chance that they will win--seeking to make a quick return on their money (Prov 28:22). Christians are commanded to glorify God in whatever they do and it is difficult to imagine how spending money on lottery tickets could be God-glorifying (1 Cor. 6:12; 1 Cor 10:31). The Bible is very clear that Christians are to be wise in the way they manage their resources.  Buying lottery tickets is a  foolish expenditure of money (Prov 15:27; Eph 5:15).  Moreover buying lottery tickets can become addictive, and we encourage Christians to trust in God instead of riches and the "god of materialism" (Prov 30:9, Matt. 6:28-34; 1 Tim 6:6-10). An appreciation for man's God-ordained function called "work" (Gen 2:15; 2 Thes 3:7-13) and an attitude of contentment (Phil 4:11; 1 Tim 6:6) can do much to curb the believer's desire to get rich quickly through avenues like the lottery. Listen to More

Homosexuality: We believe homosexuality is a rejection of God and the natural order He established for procreation and the multiplication of families throughout the earth (Gen 1:26-27, 2:18-24, Eph 5:31). We reject any teaching that males or females are born with a natural homosexual orientation from God (Rom 1:26-27). We strongly reject as heretical any teaching or church that suggests one can be a Christian and an active or passive homosexual. We believe that the gospel is powerful enough to deliver a homosexual from this destructive lifestyle and that a person cannot remain an unrepentant homosexual and inherit eternal life (1 Cor 6:9, Gal 5:19-21). We strongly reject any suggestion that two homosexuals living together constitute a family. We believe homosexuality is the kind of sin that could result in divine judgment on those involved with or sympathetic to this behavior while on earth (Gen 19:24, Jude 7).

by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Replies (41-50):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 3, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I agree with this.  Religion is not mandatory, if it's not the right fit for your life then you have the option to find a religion that does.

Quoting jadsmummy:

At least they are not being two faced about their beliefs love it hate it they are being honest about who they are.

OkieMom2673
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:13 AM
I'm a christian, And i totally disagree with that. What about judge not, lest you be judged. Love your neighbor as you love yourself?

Quoting Apollos82:

What about it? That's what the Bible teaches. If that makes us "tightasses" so be it. That's Christianity. Don't like it, don't become a follower of Christ. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
1 mom liked this

And rebelion against ones parents, and gossip and a bunch of other things. They are precepts set up in God's word that He says are not good for His chosen people. He doesn't say Don't do these things because I will send you to hell, He says don't do things things, as my child, because they make me sad. 

Quoting kidlover2:

The Bible teaches that if you confess with your mouth & believe in your heart you will be saved. Not if you follow all the rules & become perfect. There is no where in scripture that says homosexuals go to hell. And if you want to quote the verse you're thinking of... you'd better add liar, and anyone who judges, because that's there too.

Quoting Apollos82:

What about it? That's what the Bible teaches. If that makes us "tightasses" so be it. That's Christianity. Don't like it, don't become a follower of Christ. 

AmandaFigment
You mean "then."

As a Christian, and not God Himself, it us not my place to judge, it is His.

Fact of the matter is some "sinners" practice the morals taught by Christianity better THAN (see when it's appropriate to use) who you appear to be calling "true Christians."

This closed up attitude breeds anger and hate, which is the devil's work, if you do practice the faith.

With such hate and anger come words and actions that go against said religion. So backwards and people follow so blindly.

I am an academic, but I do believe in Jesus for my own reasons. But I do not believe in the Church. Church is just another organization, it's own government even, out to use people. Has been since existence. Anywhere from selling resolutions for the dead to living family members to saying the Earth is the center of the universe.

And don't forget: man wrote the Bible. You think they did not interpret things their own way? It is all up to interpretation. Some of it is simple, other parts are not.

Quoting Apollos82:

Yes, it teaches love, but it also teaches that those who say that they are followers of Christ adhere to the precepts of the faith. 

I don't hold a NON CHRISTIAN accountable to these things. They can do whatever they want. But as soon as someone says 'I believe Jesus is my Savior" than, by nature of the faith they are accepting, these precept of the faith now apply to them. 

Quoting Lydlou02:

The Bible teaches love. It is not our place to judge or condem. "let he who is without blame cast the first stone"

Quoting Apollos82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lydlou02
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Did you read THEIR rules? THEY stated that.
ETA: and your first response implied agreement.
Quoting Apollos82:

I didn't say someone can't be a Christian if they don't "follow the rules" but if they don't think the rules are right, why bother to be a Christian? 

Quoting Lydlou02:

All should STRIVE to adhere .to the precepts of their chosen faith, but yhe Bible clearly states that no one is perfect. Ppl have weaknesses to different things. To say "you cannot be a Christian because you..." Is hypocrisy. All that is required to be a follower of Christ is faith in him. I accept the fact that as long as I am unrepentant there is separation between me and God, but that does not lessen my belief.

Quoting Apollos82:

Yes, it teaches love, but it also teaches that those who say that they are followers of Christ adhere to the precepts of the faith. 

I don't hold a NON CHRISTIAN accountable to these things. They can do whatever they want. But as soon as someone says 'I believe Jesus is my Savior" than, by nature of the faith they are accepting, these precept of the faith now apply to them. 

Quoting Lydlou02:

The Bible teaches love. It is not our place to judge or condem. "let he who is without blame cast the first stone"

Quoting Apollos82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmandaFigment
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Stupid phone. Its* autocorrect is dumb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmandaFigment
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Absolutions*** lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting BaseballMom34:

Below my question are this particular Churches views on other religions(I think they list almost every major religion, I only chose a few).I asked if you thought that it was christ like to judge other faiths based only on one churches views?

Quoting Apollos82:

wait....what? I'm sure what you said makes sense, but I don't get it....could you clarify or expound upon your question, please? 

Quoting BaseballMom34:

Do you think it's christ like to judge other faiths based only on the views of one church?

Catholicism: We believe it is possible for a “catholic” to be born-again (John 3:3; 3:7) if their faith for their righteousness is exclusively upon the Person and atoning work of Jesus Christ (John 3:15-18; Rom 3:24-28) to the exclusion of everything else including the sacraments and Catholic dogma (Gal. 2:21). A “saved catholic” cannot be dependent upon their infant baptism, Holy Communion, confirmation, reconciliation, marriage in the church, last rites or any other human effort for their salvation and must testify of repentance toward God and faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21). A “saved catholic” rejects any suggestion that meritorious grace is obtained through any sacrament, and does not pray to Mary, a priest or any saint for the forgiveness of their sins (Mark 2:7). Finally, while we recognize that there are “saved Catholics” who have greatly contributed to the cause of Christ, we reject the official Catholic Church as unbiblical for its mixture of truth and error. Listen to More | Mariology: the Person and Work of Mary

Jehovah’s Witnesses: We reject that the only name for God is "Jehovah”; that Christ is a created being or that He is a “god” (as stated in their “New World Translation” in John 1:1-3); or that the Holy Spirit is a sort of “force” (Acts 6:3-4).  We reject the New World Translation because of its denial of the Deity of Christ (John 1:1-3, 14; Col 1:16), its presentation that the death of Christ was upon a stake, and its claim that the Archangel Michael was “the Christ” before He came to earth. Moreover, we reject their doctrine that Christ was raised spiritually then “materialized” a fleshly body to make himself visible (much like God did in the Old Testament), that God emptied the tomb of Jesus’ natural body at His resurrection, and that the end-times began when the downfall of Satan occurred after October 1, 1914. We reject their teaching that Heaven will be limited to 144,000 people who will rule with Christ as kings and priests over the earth (Heb. 7:24-26; 1 Peter 1:3-4). We disregard any and all proclamations and predictions of dates they have and will make concerning the Second Coming of Christ. We also reject their teaching that eternal life is achieved “simply by placing faith in Jesus Christ and learning about Jehovah and obeying his requirements” (Gal 2:16; Eph 2:8-9). Finally, we completely deny that the Bible can only be interpreted by the Watchtower Society (John 16:13; 1 John 2:27). Listen to More

Mormons: We reject any suggestion that The Church of Latter-day Saints is the restored true church of Jesus Christ based on its heretical view of the Trinity, the person and work of Christ, the restored gospel, the Book of Mormon (and other scripture), eternal marriage, baptism for the dead, and salvation by faith and works. We believe LDS modern-day prophets are actually some of the false prophets predicted by Jesus Christ (Matt 7:15).  Listen to More

Quoting Apollos82:

Oh, I understand now. Thank you for clarifying for my tired mind. 

Pointing out what the Bible teaches about the standards God has for His Children is not judging. This church is saying "This is what we believe based on what the Bible teaches" Not "These religions are horrible and all these people are horrible monsters and awful people." 

mandylin3
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I can see how these things can be interpreted as judging, but really they are stating what they believe to be true.  You cannot expect that a religion will have no guidelines to follow,  Yes, the Bible teaches love and tolerance but the Church is there to help direct you the best they can based on what the Bible teaches.

To say people can just be a good person and go to Heaven is not true.  You have to work each day at following the teachings of the Bible.  No one is perfect.  The Bible teaches that the reason Jesus came to Earth and died was so we could be forgiven of our sins so that one day we can be with him.  We have to strive to do our best, not do whatever we want and expect that to be all we have to do.  

mmtosam06
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Ditto

Quoting Jeni1124:

I think its great that the church is so open with their beliefs. That allows people to know right up front if that is the right church for them or not.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)