Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I have a ? for all the dog lovers...

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:49 AM
  • 75 Replies

DH and I are always battling it out about the dog sleeping in our bed.  The dog is a chi/rat terrier mix and is tiny, so it only sleeps next to me. I go to bed after DH bc he has to get up early for work.  I take care of the dog, he's like one of my babies. I wash the dog monthly, the sheets weekly,and like I said the doggie only sleeps beside me , so the only time DH even knows he is there is when we wake up in the morning. I hate putting the dog in his crate.  He is a tiny little burrower, so he covers himself in blankets when he is in his crate.  He just wants comfort and to be close to me.  Should I kick him out bc DH doesn't want him here?

by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmberNicole_83
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:50 AM
2 moms liked this
No!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iHEAVENn
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I would compromise and get the dog his own bed to put next to your bed.

Our dog sleeps in her little pen area at night, but she is only 5 months old and still being house trained. :)

For the most part we try and keep her off of beds because she does go outside and god only knows what she will drag in lol

AHmom103
by Alexis on May. 3, 2012 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, until it is just YOUR bed, I think it's a bit inconsiderate not to.

annas_momma
by 1 Crazy Momma ♥ on May. 3, 2012 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes you just have to pick and choose your battles. Figure out which one will be better. Your husband being happy or the dog?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UpsideDown
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:58 AM

He doesn't even notice the dog until morning.  And he never complains of the bed reeking like dog or the dog is all up in his space.  Isn't it inconsiderate of him to disregard my feelings about it, if it really doesn't affect him?

Quoting AHmom103:

AHmom103
by Alexis on May. 3, 2012 at 12:59 AM

I could understand that argument if it was a CHILD who watned to sleep with you, but considering the fact that it is a dog, I really don't think so.

Quoting UpsideDown:

He doesn't even notice the dog until morning.  And he never complains of the bed reeking like dog or the dog is all up in his space.  Isn't it inconsiderate of him to disregard my feelings about it, if it really doesn't affect him?

Quoting AHmom103:

I'm a designer at the best siggy group on CM--click here to check it out!

ChelleBoo23
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM
Get a dog bed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UpsideDown
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Do you have a dog?

Quoting AHmom103:

I could understand that argument if it was a CHILD who watned to sleep with you, but considering the fact that it is a dog, I really don't think so.

Quoting UpsideDown:

Quoting AHmom103:

ittyprincess604
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:02 AM

i agree with a pp...compromise by getting a doggie bed and putting it by your bed.

AHmom103
by Alexis on May. 3, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Not anymore, but I do have a cat that is not allowed in my bed if DH is there.

Quoting UpsideDown:

Do you have a dog?

Quoting AHmom103:

Quoting UpsideDown:

Quoting AHmom103:

I'm a designer at the best siggy group on CM--click here to check it out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)