Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I have a ? for all the dog lovers...

Posted by   + Show Post

DH and I are always battling it out about the dog sleeping in our bed.  The dog is a chi/rat terrier mix and is tiny, so it only sleeps next to me. I go to bed after DH bc he has to get up early for work.  I take care of the dog, he's like one of my babies. I wash the dog monthly, the sheets weekly,and like I said the doggie only sleeps beside me , so the only time DH even knows he is there is when we wake up in the morning. I hate putting the dog in his crate.  He is a tiny little burrower, so he covers himself in blankets when he is in his crate.  He just wants comfort and to be close to me.  Should I kick him out bc DH doesn't want him here?

by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:49 AM
Replies (11-20):
Mrs.Engel11
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:04 AM
I LOVE my dogs (i have 3), but they have their own bed. I dont let my pets on any furniture. But i would say that since you share your bed, you should respect his wishes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UpsideDown
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Is he allergic to it or something?  I said I had a question for dog people.

Quoting AHmom103:

Not anymore, but I do have a cat that is not allowed in my bed if DH is there.

Quoting UpsideDown:

Do you have a dog?

Quoting AHmom103:

I could understand that argument if it was a CHILD who watned to sleep with you, but considering the fact that it is a dog, I really don't think so.

Quoting UpsideDown:

He doesn't even notice the dog until morning.  And he never complains of the bed reeking like dog or the dog is all up in his space.  Isn't it inconsiderate of him to disregard my feelings about it, if it really doesn't affect him?

Quoting AHmom103:

Well, until it is just YOUR bed, I think it's a bit inconsiderate not to.

AHmom103
by Alexis on May. 3, 2012 at 1:07 AM

No, he's not allergic to the cat. And you said dog lovers, which I am. But, I still don't think it's worth starting a fight with a spouse over where an animal sleeps.

Quoting UpsideDown:

Is he allergic to it or something?  I said I had a question for dog people.

Quoting AHmom103:

Not anymore, but I do have a cat that is not allowed in my bed if DH is there.

Quoting UpsideDown:

Do you have a dog?

Quoting AHmom103:

I could understand that argument if it was a CHILD who watned to sleep with you, but considering the fact that it is a dog, I really don't think so.

Quoting UpsideDown:

He doesn't even notice the dog until morning.  And he never complains of the bed reeking like dog or the dog is all up in his space.  Isn't it inconsiderate of him to disregard my feelings about it, if it really doesn't affect him?

Quoting AHmom103:

Well, until it is just YOUR bed, I think it's a bit inconsiderate not to.

I'm a designer at the best siggy group on CM--click here to check it out!

bxmommy2be
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:09 AM
Quoting iHEAVENn:

I would compromise and get the dog his own bed to put next to your bed.

Our dog sleeps in her little pen area at night, but she is only 5 months old and still being house trained. :)

For the most part we try and keep her off of beds because she does go outside and god only knows what she will drag in lol

I agree we have 2 dogs and never let them on out beds. They have their own beds and sleep wither in our room or living room.
razmatazthespaz
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:10 AM

umm, i dunno! i would never let a dog sleep with me! but i would consider buying more sheets so you can change them each day and wash once a week like normal...... dog hair and dander is gross

BridgettH2012
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:15 AM
My 4 month old Chihuahua sleeps with me too and DH doesn't mind as long as she stays off of him. Sometimes he cuddles with her too though. She has a dog bed by ours but if I were to out her there no one would get any sleep cuz she cries when she's not closet someone. So I understand you wanting your puppy to sleep with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Irenesmommy
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this

no, that dog is tiny, unless it's keeping dh up all night he should have no complaints, I feel bad for my dh we have a german shepherd/greyhound mix, he is huge and will only sleep at dh's feet, it annoys dh at times but he would never crate him, I get the cats on my side the dog on his, it's a fair trade.

UpsideDown
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:22 AM

I know. He cries in his crate for awhile before he goes to sleep.  If I had a dog bed by us he would just jump in the bed anyway.  It makes me sad. I don't want to crate him tonight. :(

Quoting BridgettH2012:

My 4 month old Chihuahua sleeps with me too and DH doesn't mind as long as she stays off of him. Sometimes he cuddles with her too though. She has a dog bed by ours but if I were to out her there no one would get any sleep cuz she cries when she's not closet someone. So I understand you wanting your puppy to sleep with you.

grey7399
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope.

I told hubby he could sleep on the couch.

UpsideDown
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:32 AM

We SHARE the bed but I should do whatever he wants?  

Quoting Mrs.Engel11:

I LOVE my dogs (i have 3), but they have their own bed. I dont let my pets on any furniture. But i would say that since you share your bed, you should respect his wishes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN