Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I have a ? for all the dog lovers...

Posted by   + Show Post

DH and I are always battling it out about the dog sleeping in our bed.  The dog is a chi/rat terrier mix and is tiny, so it only sleeps next to me. I go to bed after DH bc he has to get up early for work.  I take care of the dog, he's like one of my babies. I wash the dog monthly, the sheets weekly,and like I said the doggie only sleeps beside me , so the only time DH even knows he is there is when we wake up in the morning. I hate putting the dog in his crate.  He is a tiny little burrower, so he covers himself in blankets when he is in his crate.  He just wants comfort and to be close to me.  Should I kick him out bc DH doesn't want him here?

by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:49 AM
Replies (41-50):
UpsideDown
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:01 AM

What if your DH didn't want your cat there?

Quoting armywife009:

Get a dog bed for him. I do not like animals sleeping in the bed with me, the only animal I allowed was Sally, my cat. I would hope that Dh would consider my feelings towards it and not let the dog sleep in the bed, whether I noticed or not.

armywife009
by Janna on May. 3, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Then I would have gladly moved her out of the bed. It's not just my bed and it's not just his bed, it's our bed and if moving the animal out of the bed makes him/me happy and sleep better at night so be it. Now if he was asking me to move a child out of the bed (a young child) or vice versa that would be a different story.

ETA: I can understand where you are coming from, I don't want you to the think I am belittling your feelings, I'm not. Just think maybe you should consider getting the dog a bed and compromising. 

Quoting UpsideDown:

Quoting armywife009:

Get a dog bed for him. I do not like animals sleeping in the bed with me, the only animal I allowed was Sally, my cat. I would hope that Dh would consider my feelings towards it and not let the dog sleep in the bed, whether I noticed or not.

UpsideDown
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:19 AM

My dog will not stay in a doggie bed.  He just jumps in the bed with us, that's why he wants to crate him. I do try to compromise, I put him in his crate sometimes. I just really hate it. DH never even knows pup is in bed until he sees it in the morning. I have to see Lou's pain when I put him in the crate. It's heartbreaking. :( 

Quoting armywife009:

Then I would have gladly moved her out of the bed. It's not just my bed and it's not just his bed, it's our bed and if moving the animal out of the bed makes him/me happy and sleep better at night so be it. Now if he was asking me to move a child out of the bed (a young child) or vice versa that would be a different story.

ETA: I can understand where you are coming from, I don't want you to the think I am belittling your feelings, I'm not. Just think maybe you should consider getting the dog a bed and compromising. 

Quoting UpsideDown:

Quoting armywife009:

camsmami
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:36 AM

Yes ma'am. I would have been so lost with my baby girl! Thank you so much!!

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

Aww that is GREAT news!!! I'm so glad she is doing so much better. The slow kill is so much easier on them than the injections. Thanks for the update! Paws crossed everything keeps going to wonderfully!!

Quoting camsmami:

Yes Ma'am thats her. I keep meaning to update that post. But keep forgetting. She started treatment with another DR, that has been her DR since she was 6 weeks old. He started her on what they call the "Slow kill" treatment. Shes doing a little better. She had a severe sand allergy, and only going outside when absolutely necessary is really helping out with that as well. She also had Severe dry eye, which he gave her eye drops for, and it has brought back about 65% of her eyesight. So she's not 100% blind anymore. Which makes me escatic. I just want to freaking hug her vet everytime I see him!! LOL

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

Doesnt your furbaby have heartworms? How is she doing?? Have had y'all on my mind. Hope it's going well for her.

Quoting camsmami:

HELL NO! My dog sleeps in my bed. Shes a huge Australian Retriever (part Australian Shepherd/Golden Retriever) weighing in at 65 lbs. DF says a little here and there. But I tell  him to stuff it. Brownie was here long before you BUDDY!

I'm an Aviation wife, move-around to see the world, Christian, brunette, brown eyed, FLORIDA, Country girl, make- up loving, heel and jean wearing, mommy!

camsmami
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:46 AM

Thank yuo so much!! She loves kisses.

To make a long story short, I have a 6 year old AR, that I've had since she was 6 weeks old. Well I left with DF for his job, and couldn't take her with me. She ended up being outside, and when I just moved back I took her to the vet for a check up and to check on this coughing she had. Turned out she has Heartworms. Well, the first vet said her infection was so bad she needed to be put down. Refused her treatment, etc. Well, I started doing my research and found that Brownie had a few other options. Well, I finally called and talked to her lifelong vet, and he put her on the slow kill treatment, which is one Heartworm preventive pill a month, and it kills off the larva. so that no new worms become. We've had a few ups and downs in her last few weeks. But she is already showing improvements. Her vet is absolutely AWESOME!! I adore this vet!! lol.

This is Brownie and my daughter. :-)

Quoting UpsideDown:

I don't know the whole story, but I am happy your baby is doing better.  I send kisses to her!

Quoting camsmami:

Yes Ma'am thats her. I keep meaning to update that post. But keep forgetting. She started treatment with another DR, that has been her DR since she was 6 weeks old. He started her on what they call the "Slow kill" treatment. Shes doing a little better. She had a severe sand allergy, and only going outside when absolutely necessary is really helping out with that as well. She also had Severe dry eye, which he gave her eye drops for, and it has brought back about 65% of her eyesight. So she's not 100% blind anymore. Which makes me escatic. I just want to freaking hug her vet everytime I see him!! LOL

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

Doesnt your furbaby have heartworms? How is she doing?? Have had y'all on my mind. Hope it's going well for her.

Quoting camsmami:

HELL NO! My dog sleeps in my bed. Shes a huge Australian Retriever (part Australian Shepherd/Golden Retriever) weighing in at 65 lbs. DF says a little here and there. But I tell  him to stuff it. Brownie was here long before you BUDDY!

armywife009
by Janna on May. 3, 2012 at 5:42 AM
Yeah I wouldn't agree with the crate idea, but I can see both sides. I got nothing, hope you guys can get it sorted. :(

Quoting UpsideDown:

My dog will not stay in a doggie bed.  He just jumps in the bed with us, that's why he wants to crate him. I do try to compromise, I put him in his crate sometimes. I just really hate it. DH never even knows pup is in bed until he sees it in the morning. I have to see Lou's pain when I put him in the crate. It's heartbreaking. :( 

Quoting armywife009:

Quoting UpsideDown:

Quoting armywife009:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SOCO101
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:46 AM
1 mom liked this

You could always get a dog bed, and stick him in it b4 you dh wakes up, lol! 

TableforSeven
by Judy on May. 3, 2012 at 7:03 AM

I would say if your DH doesn't want the animal in your bed....the dog shouldn't be there.  You aren't the only person in that bed...not right to insist that your DH have an animal sleeping in the bed with you two.

We are both 'dog people' (we have a dog and two cats right now) -- we do not allow ANY of the pets in our bed at night.

TheMrs407
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:09 AM

DH or the dog.  I love my dogs, but if DH didn't like them sleeping with us they wouldn't.

EmilyMarshall
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:11 AM
No!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)