Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Housekeeping

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:12 AM
  • 11 Replies

So I am pet sitting for a family right now and they have requested that I also clean the house, which I gladly accepted. However, I'm a bit hesitant on what exactly I should charge. I do have experience cleaning houses and such it's just been awhile since I've done so. Determining a fair amount not only to myself but to them is kind of above my head right now.

They're asking for me to:

Clean guest & master bathrooms (tubs, toilets, floors, etc)
Dust the living room and master bedroom
Clean the kitchen counters/floors
Clean the dining room
Sweep & steam all hardwood floors which is the majority of the house that I would be cleaning.
Vacuum master bedroom as well as the couches/chair to remove the cat hair

What would you think would be a decent price?  I'm looking for something like a flat rate, nothing hourly.

Please help a girl out!

by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
face84
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this

im not sure but heres a bump for ya

ittyprincess604
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:17 AM

How many days? To me that kinda sounds like alot on top of pet sitting, but im not sure so ill just give you a bump!

hautemama83
by Nichole on May. 3, 2012 at 1:19 AM
I always charged hourly. So depends on the size of their house, I'd say that's at least a two hour job if not three. So $60.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SammiBaby
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Well the house keeping itself is a separate job from the pet sitting. I started pet sitting with them first and have been paid for that, they return home this Sunday. However they asked if I'd like to make some extra money by cleaning the house for them before they return. So it'd just be the one day of cleaning the house on Saturday.

Quoting ittyprincess604:

How many days? To me that kinda sounds like alot on top of pet sitting, but im not sure so ill just give you a bump!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:22 AM

For all that work $50-200, depends how long it takes.

SammiBaby
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:22 AM

We had talked about charging hourly but ended up deciding on a flat rate, that's what I'm the most used to. Everyone I have spoken to that has cleaned or does clean houses have a flat rate depending on the size and list of what must be done.

The house is 2 stories, however, the work to the basement is minimal. Just a quick sweeping. The most in depth cleaning would be all on the top floor which itself is a good size. Heck the top floor alone is as big as my house lol.

Quoting hautemama83:

I always charged hourly. So depends on the size of their house, I'd say that's at least a two hour job if not three. So $60.

SammiBaby
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Thank you!!

Quoting frndlyfn:

For all that work $50-200, depends how long it takes.

hottmomma264
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:27 AM
I was thinking 50 at first....but I'm sure you could get at least 75. That's a lot of work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SammiBaby
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I was thinking 50 at first as well until they gave me a more detailed list of what they wanted me to do and I was thinking 75 too but wasn't sure if I was over pricing or under pricing or just right on the mark.

Quoting hottmomma264:

I was thinking 50 at first....but I'm sure you could get at least 75. That's a lot of work.

hottmomma264
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:37 AM
Lol....I think you and I have the exact same opinions :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN