Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

crazy parenting fails - Potty Transformers

by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Replies (11-20):
mamaelle88
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:34 AM
I actually have my potty from.when i was little.. old wooden one with the wooden trays. With the cup at the bottom that slides in and out... i trained my daughter with it... she was potty trained by 14 months. Just cause of that damn tray (she could play with her toys)

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting mamaelle88:

Interesting. Even so if its for special need children, its a little extreme. Its like holding down a child to piss... LOL

Yeah I am not so sure about the legs being held down like that unless there is a muscle disorder involved..  I do like the tray thingy for child to hold on to.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ffpm10
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:35 AM
He probably has muscle spasms If his legs aren't controlled.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting ffpm10:

It's a special needs seat. For kids who lack muscle control. Who need to be "held down" so they don't fall and get hurt.

That is what i was thinking.  Ty for verifying.  I still am not fond of the leg part though since the rest of him looks to be secured.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:37 AM

That is true.  I worked with adults that their legs would stick straght out due to spasms.  I am just too curious for my own good.  No clue how to google this seat at all.

Quoting ffpm10:

He probably has muscle spasms If his legs aren't controlled.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting ffpm10:

It's a special needs seat. For kids who lack muscle control. Who need to be "held down" so they don't fall and get hurt.

That is what i was thinking.  Ty for verifying.  I still am not fond of the leg part though since the rest of him looks to be secured.

WardKimberly
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:38 AM

I agree.

Quoting mamaelle88:

Interesting. Even so if its for special need children, its a little extreme. Its like holding down a child to piss... LOL

sheramom4
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:39 AM

My first thought was that as soon as I installed it, I would need to pee really badly and wouldn't be able to remove it...LOL...only because that is the way my life goes....with me wetting my pants....

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:40 AM

Quoting sheramom4:

My first thought was that as soon as I installed it, I would need to pee really badly and wouldn't be able to remove it...LOL...only because that is the way my life goes....with me wetting my pants....

in the middle of the night no less.  There would be a puddle on bathroom floor.

sheramom4
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:42 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting sheramom4:

That I would have to clean up because it really doesn't matter who pees...I always have to clean it up....and we would be out of paper towels, forcing me to use the good bath towels...

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:47 AM

Quoting sheramom4:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting sheramom4:

That I would have to clean up because it really doesn't matter who pees...I always have to clean it up....and we would be out of paper towels, forcing me to use the good bath towels...

We dont have any good bath towels here.  We need some.

sheramom4
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:49 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting sheramom4:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting sheramom4:

We dont have any good bath towels here.  We need some.

I need more...I have teenagers....they ruin towels just by looking at them...what they do not know is that I keep a secret stash in the bedroom of mom only towels...lol....

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:53 AM

Quoting sheramom4:

I need more...I have teenagers....they ruin towels just by looking at them...what they do not know is that I keep a secret stash in the bedroom of mom only towels...lol....

My mom did that.  There were "grown up only" towels and everything else towels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN