Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Tomorrow I start my first round of depression meds. I've never been on them before, but this is something that has been a long time coming. I finally got into a doctor today and she immediately agreed about my battle with depression.
Also I think she felt bad looking at my helpless state since I got my wisdom teeth taken out yesterday. Yeah I am in rough shape. Lol.

She did not give me anything for my sleeping problems. She is hoping that the depression medicine will help with that.
Cause once again I only had 4 hrs of sleep after getting my wisdom removed and yet I am still awake with Tons of pain meds in my system. Not a normal scenario.
Fingers crossed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:10 AM
Replies (11-20):
Schleetle
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:35 AM
Good luck, hope you feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stockuponlove
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:37 AM
The generic brand for celexa. I start tomorrow. I hope it helps with everything.

Quoting Temecula_Mama:

They work. I feel better. I take them mostly for anxiety but like I said they make me tired. What are you taking?

Quoting stockuponlove:

I hope you find a happy ground soon. I am excited yet nervous to get started. I just want to feel better.

Quoting Temecula_Mama:

I'm on my third. I hate it. I want to go back to my first one because I wasn't as tired but it didn't work well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stockuponlove
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:38 AM
Like SO will never understand what I am going through, yet it's effected him for years. It's something that only you know internally.

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

Yes, that is very true

Quoting stockuponlove:

I think no matter what it's something that is always fought alone. Kwim

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

Fingers crossed for you, I suffer from depression also, but it is a battle I have to fight on my own.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Temecula_Mama
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:39 AM
I liked that one the best! I'm thinking about going back to that one. I had way more energy

Quoting stockuponlove:

The generic brand for celexa. I start tomorrow. I hope it helps with everything.

Quoting Temecula_Mama:

They work. I feel better. I take them mostly for anxiety but like I said they make me tired. What are you taking?

Quoting stockuponlove:

I hope you find a happy ground soon. I am excited yet nervous to get started. I just want to feel better.

Quoting Temecula_Mama:

I'm on my third. I hate it. I want to go back to my first one because I wasn't as tired but it didn't work well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stockuponlove
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:40 AM
Yay for positive feed back. Lol. I need more energy but also help sleeping. Lots of it.

Quoting Temecula_Mama:

I liked that one the best! I'm thinking about going back to that one. I had way more energy

Quoting stockuponlove:

Quoting Temecula_Mama:

Quoting stockuponlove:

Quoting Temecula_Mama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:42 AM
It took the one year anniversary of my Grampa's suicide to make me go in. It is so hard to admit a problem. But we can't get help and become strong if we don't acknowledge our weaknesses.

(My doc gave me meds right away, but I found out I was pregnant four days into taking it...lol! Infertility was part of my depression cause, though, so finding out I was finally pregnant has helped a bit.)

Quoting stockuponlove:

Thank you. I hope you find something helps you with your struggles. It's a hard thing to admit. But I am happy I did.

Quoting Apollos82:

Praying for you! I, too, struggle with depression, but am not currently on meds and won't be for at least a year, because of pregnancy. Probably longer....

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:44 AM
Just a warning...Celexa is a B*TCH to come of off. I tried it once a long time ago for SAD. It made me want to lunch puppies and small children, too...sonic you feel like that, it may not be right for you...and it takes months to wean yourself safely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Yea, I try to talk to people but no one understands.

Quoting stockuponlove:

Like SO will never understand what I am going through, yet it's effected him for years. It's something that only you know internally.

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

Yes, that is very true

Quoting stockuponlove:

I think no matter what it's something that is always fought alone. Kwim

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

Fingers crossed for you, I suffer from depression also, but it is a battle I have to fight on my own.

stockuponlove
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:46 AM
Wow that's amazing. I think mine started coming about when I got pregnant with my second. I just wasn't as happy. I had a horrible pregnancy and then she was born with alot of problems and colic and reflux. I felt like with my SOs work schedule I did it all alone.
Now I just need a break. She is so needy and whiny. I swear tonight she was just trying to push every button imaginable.

Quoting Apollos82:

It took the one year anniversary of my Grampa's suicide to make me go in. It is so hard to admit a problem. But we can't get help and become strong if we don't acknowledge our weaknesses.

(My doc gave me meds right away, but I found out I was pregnant four days into taking it...lol! Infertility was part of my depression cause, though, so finding out I was finally pregnant has helped a bit.)

Quoting stockuponlove:

Thank you. I hope you find something helps you with your struggles. It's a hard thing to admit. But I am happy I did.

Quoting Apollos82:

Praying for you! I, too, struggle with depression, but am not currently on meds and won't be for at least a year, because of pregnancy. Probably longer....

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stockuponlove
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for the heads up. I meet with her again in a month to see where I stand and how I feel.

Quoting Apollos82:

Just a warning...Celexa is a B*TCH to come of off. I tried it once a long time ago for SAD. It made me want to lunch puppies and small children, too...sonic you feel like that, it may not be right for you...and it takes months to wean yourself safely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN