Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Holy infected piercing!-BIG UPDATE!

Posted by   + Show Post
5/9/12 update:
My lip had to be removed...no, lol totally kidding.
I'm so excited! I saved it and it's soooo much better. I'm still taking my antibiotic. But I went to the studio where I got it done and we changed it to a horse shoe and they said it looks fantastic. I added a photo in the replies :)!

New Update:
HOLY FUCK WAD! The doctor just took it out. Hemostats on both side. My gawd!!!!!! He pushed on it and (i lol'd) puss shot out. He wasn't ready for that. I didn't mean to laugh and it didn't get on him. His reaction was priceless. It's MUCH more swollen now only from the tugging. It took him about 10 mins to get it out.
I'm at the hospital pharmacy getting my antibiotics.

Update:
Yeah, all my attempts have failed. I'm at the ER waiting feeling defeated. Once it heals, I'll try again. Not sure wtf happened. I have my tongue done (had it done twice), my nose, I had a monroe but took it out for work. My ears are pierced numerous times and this has never happened before. I'm pretty annoyed. Oh well. I'll update when it's out.

Holy crap dudes!

I got my lip pierced Sunday and for the past 3 days it's been really bothering me because it's been getting irritated from constantly getting suck on my tooth when I eat and when I say certain words. I upped my aftercare regimen.

Well, this morning my dog woke me up barking and I was laying directly on it, arm pushed up on it and all!

I go to wipe slobber off my face which I thought was odd since I don't usually drool in my sleep unless I'm sick.

When I wiped it off...BAM! I feel my lip. My cheek and lip are insanely swollen! If i try and speak, you can't understand anything I say.

I took 4 ibuprofen for the swelling and pain and have had ice on it for over an hour. I looked in the mirror and there is definitely puss drainage coming out.

I'm going to try all day and tomrrow to save this piercing but if I can't...it's gotta come out.

In the meantime...anyone know what I can do??

Here's my regimen:
-Wash it with warm water and Dial soap 4 times a day.
-Antiseptic mouth wash after eatting
-Sea salt water 7 times a day sprayed inside and out.

Anymore suggestions? Pic in reply btw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:30 AM
Replies (71-80):
BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on May. 3, 2012 at 11:10 AM

oh my goodness! That looks extremely painful. I hope you get some relief soon.

BeAmour
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:09 PM
It doesn't hurt which is a goos thing.

Quoting BamaMommy2:

oh my goodness! That looks extremely painful. I hope you get some relief soon.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasKat3
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:43 PM
I'm so glad you didn't take it out! People dont understand that when infected the piercing acts like a drainage pipe. Take it out and you risk the infection getting trapped and getting into your blood system. Leading to so much worse!

That being said, my lip got infected as well. For next time: Do not do dial so much. It dries it out. Water down listerene only. You dont want to kill the good bacteria that is trying to rid the infection. And only use non iodized sea salt. 1/2tsp per 8oz. Of hot water. Use a kids medicine cup and cup your piercing until water turns cold. Sea salt will drain the puss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FLmom26
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Glad you're getting meds to get better. Warning though -- my bf had an infected tattoo a couple months ago (clean shop, it just happened) and the antibiotics made him feel like pure shit the whole time he was on them. Read your instructions with them, some of them tell you to stay out of sun light as much as possible. They're basically chemo strength antibiotics. 

BeAmour
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:51 PM
I still have drainage running down my face!!!!!! It's nasty. I'm going to try and still save it.

I'm going to take my antibiotics, use mouth wash, sea salt and peroxide to heal it. I'm going to keep the hole open and see if I can save it. If not, oh well.

I'm sitting next to a little boy who had to get stitches in his chin. He says he doesn't like to look funny. I said we can sit together and look funny together and that I look funny and everyone is going to look at me. No one will be looking at me. So we're sitting here sporting off our face booboos :). He's a sweetie.

Quoting JasKat3:

I'm so glad you didn't take it out! People dont understand that when infected the piercing acts like a drainage pipe. Take it out and you risk the infection getting trapped and getting into your blood system. Leading to so much worse!

That being said, my lip got infected as well. For next time: Do not do dial so much. It dries it out. Water down listerene only. You dont want to kill the good bacteria that is trying to rid the infection. And only use non iodized sea salt. 1/2tsp per 8oz. Of hot water. Use a kids medicine cup and cup your piercing until water turns cold. Sea salt will drain the puss.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:53 PM
It's actually only Clindamyicin (sp). Nothing major. A lot of them say drink a ton of water and take with food :).

Quoting FLmom26:

Glad you're getting meds to get better. Warning though -- my bf had an infected tattoo a couple months ago (clean shop, it just happened) and the antibiotics made him feel like pure shit the whole time he was on them. Read your instructions with them, some of them tell you to stay out of sun light as much as possible. They're basically chemo strength antibiotics. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elly25
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Holy crap balls batman! Take it out and try again in a few months. Go to the doctor and get some meds. Feel better! That looks so painful!

iloveashton804
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Ouch! I had that with my monroe. =( I've had it done 3 times in the past. First time I decided I didn't like which side it was on. Second time I finally changed it out to a shorter barbell, and the backing was smaller. I kept having to push it through the skin every day. One day I forgot, and when I woke up the next day the skin had completely covered the backing. I had to go to the ER and get it cut out. Horrible! Hope it heals up soon OP!

FLmom26
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:02 PM

That's good to hear. Sadly, just a risk we take getting tattoos or piercings (I have tats, and did have piercings). Hope it heals quickly. Feel better, hun :)

Quoting BeAmour:

It's actually only Clindamyicin (sp). Nothing major. A lot of them say drink a ton of water and take with food :).

Quoting FLmom26:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)