Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Holy infected piercing!-BIG UPDATE!

Posted by   + Show Post
5/9/12 update:
My lip had to be removed...no, lol totally kidding.
I'm so excited! I saved it and it's soooo much better. I'm still taking my antibiotic. But I went to the studio where I got it done and we changed it to a horse shoe and they said it looks fantastic. I added a photo in the replies :)!

New Update:
HOLY FUCK WAD! The doctor just took it out. Hemostats on both side. My gawd!!!!!! He pushed on it and (i lol'd) puss shot out. He wasn't ready for that. I didn't mean to laugh and it didn't get on him. His reaction was priceless. It's MUCH more swollen now only from the tugging. It took him about 10 mins to get it out.
I'm at the hospital pharmacy getting my antibiotics.

Update:
Yeah, all my attempts have failed. I'm at the ER waiting feeling defeated. Once it heals, I'll try again. Not sure wtf happened. I have my tongue done (had it done twice), my nose, I had a monroe but took it out for work. My ears are pierced numerous times and this has never happened before. I'm pretty annoyed. Oh well. I'll update when it's out.

Holy crap dudes!

I got my lip pierced Sunday and for the past 3 days it's been really bothering me because it's been getting irritated from constantly getting suck on my tooth when I eat and when I say certain words. I upped my aftercare regimen.

Well, this morning my dog woke me up barking and I was laying directly on it, arm pushed up on it and all!

I go to wipe slobber off my face which I thought was odd since I don't usually drool in my sleep unless I'm sick.

When I wiped it off...BAM! I feel my lip. My cheek and lip are insanely swollen! If i try and speak, you can't understand anything I say.

I took 4 ibuprofen for the swelling and pain and have had ice on it for over an hour. I looked in the mirror and there is definitely puss drainage coming out.

I'm going to try all day and tomrrow to save this piercing but if I can't...it's gotta come out.

In the meantime...anyone know what I can do??

Here's my regimen:
-Wash it with warm water and Dial soap 4 times a day.
-Antiseptic mouth wash after eatting
-Sea salt water 7 times a day sprayed inside and out.

Anymore suggestions? Pic in reply btw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:30 AM
Replies (81-87):
PurplePieguy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Um, this may sound like a dumb question, but what's a Monroe? Sorry if this has been asked already, but I've never heard of it...or at least I don't think I have.

Quoting BeAmour:

Yep, I've been going to that shop for years for my tattoos and all my piercings. They are very well known, very clean and do good work.

I think my body hates me. I've had a Monroe before and it never did anything like this!

Quoting lilfishbigocean:

Ouch. It sounds like you're doing the right aftercare.. Did you go to a reputable shop? Are you sure they were clean? Maybe you're having more of like a reaction to the metal? Do you have any other piercings??

BeAmour
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:22 PM
It's basically the opposite where my lip one is but on the top. Think if Marilyn Monroe's beauty mark.

Quoting PurplePieguy:

Um, this may sound like a dumb question, but what's a Monroe? Sorry if this has been asked already, but I've never heard of it...or at least I don't think I have.

Quoting BeAmour:

Yep, I've been going to that shop for years for my tattoos and all my piercings. They are very well known, very clean and do good work.

I think my body hates me. I've had a Monroe before and it never did anything like this!

Quoting lilfishbigocean:

Ouch. It sounds like you're doing the right aftercare.. Did you go to a reputable shop? Are you sure they were clean? Maybe you're having more of like a reaction to the metal? Do you have any other piercings??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beaugrl0824
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:43 PM
I had that problem with my tragus, turns out I can only have surgical steel.

I've has my tragus done since 2006 and it was so infected last summer it took the piercer over an hour to take the jewelry out and clean it out and place a new hoop in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurplePieguy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Ok, I gotcha. I know what it is now.

Hope it heals quickly for you.

Quoting BeAmour:

It's basically the opposite where my lip one is but on the top. Think if Marilyn Monroe's beauty mark.

Quoting PurplePieguy:

Quoting BeAmour:

Quoting lilfishbigocean:

BeAmour
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Thank you

Quoting PurplePieguy:

Ok, I gotcha. I know what it is now.

Hope it heals quickly for you.

Quoting BeAmour:

Quoting PurplePieguy:

Quoting BeAmour:

Quoting lilfishbigocean:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Yay!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Damn u'z look at my awesomeness! I kick ass!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN