Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Don't Worry * A Christian post/Bible Verse*

Visit us at True Friends Cafe

by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:33 AM
Replies (11-12):
Clairwil
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:26 PM
Quoting kidlover2:
Quoting Clairwil:
Quoting kidlover2:

Beautiful... just be warned that what your "needs" are, may be completely different than God's.
Such as a woman's need not to get raped, if she stops worrying about the stranger following her?
Are you dissing what I am saying or the verse? Because if it's me, you have no idea what I've been through. God never promises perfection here on earth. In fact he clearly says we will suffer. I don't know the mind of God. He rarely, if ever makes sense to me. Btw.... I've been raped, my husband cheated on me, I lost all of my belongings in a flood.... I never ever said life was easy or fair.

I am respectfully disagreeing with the advice contained in the verse.

Before I continue, let me emphasise an important disclaimer, to help reduce misunderstanding : Rape is always the fault of the rapist.  If a woman is drunk and wearing a T-Shirt that says "I enjoy sex", it is still absolutely the fault of the rapist, if a rapist rapes her.

Ok, we agreed on that?  Good, now I'll continue...

While a woman is in no way obliged to take them, in certain situations there are precautions that can reduce the chances of getting raped ("reduce" not "elliminate", because you could be a 90 year old granny locked in your house at night, and still get raped).    For example, if you are walking back to your car late at night, and notice there is a man following you (who spent an hour eyeing your breasts in the bar from across the room and making lewed gestures and comments to his mates), leaving a well lit main street where there are other people around, to go down a poorly lit deserted side street that's your normal shortcut (because it knocks 2 minutes off the journey) most likely increases your chances of being sexually assaulted.

In that situation, I'd argue that worry is a perfectly rational response, and that deciding to not worry and instead leave your protection in the hands of God is a poor choice.

And, frankly, the thought of some poor young woman believer praying to God, telling Him that she needs to be safe, her being sexually assaulted AND THEN SHE IS EXPECTED TO THANK God for that "Answer" - that's obscene.

kidlover2
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Completely agree with you. I'll admit, I'm angry. I don't "thank God" that I have gone through any of it. Somethings in life, as you said, can be argued as a human choice, but others truly are "acts of God" and they have no humanly good that one can see. My best friend in HS was hit and killed by a car. 14 years later, I see nothing that I can "thank God" for. I, as a human, don't even come close to knowing or understanding much of life. I just try to believe God does.

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting kidlover2:

Beautiful... just be warned that what your "needs" are, may be completely different than God's.

Such as a woman's need not to get raped, if she stops worrying about the stranger following her?

Are you dissing what I am saying or the verse? Because if it's me, you have no idea what I've been through. God never promises perfection here on earth. In fact he clearly says we will suffer. I don't know the mind of God. He rarely, if ever makes sense to me. Btw.... I've been raped, my husband cheated on me, I lost all of my belongings in a flood.... I never ever said life was easy or fair.

I am respectfully disagreeing with the advice contained in the verse.

Before I continue, let me emphasise an important disclaimer, to help reduce misunderstanding : Rape is always the fault of the rapist.  If a woman is drunk and wearing a T-Shirt that says "I enjoy sex", it is still absolutely the fault of the rapist, if a rapist rapes her.

Ok, we agreed on that?  Good, now I'll continue...

While a woman is in no way obliged to take them, in certain situations there are precautions that can reduce the chances of getting raped ("reduce" not "elliminate", because you could be a 90 year old granny locked in your house at night, and still get raped).    For example, if you are walking back to your car late at night, and notice there is a man following you (who spent an hour eyeing your breasts in the bar from across the room and making lewed gestures and comments to his mates), leaving a well lit main street where there are other people around, to go down a poorly lit deserted side street that's your normal shortcut (because it knocks 2 minutes off the journey) most likely increases your chances of being sexually assaulted.

In that situation, I'd argue that worry is a perfectly rational response, and that deciding to not worry and instead leave your protection in the hands of God is a poor choice.

And, frankly, the thought of some poor young woman believer praying to God, telling Him that she needs to be safe, her being sexually assaulted AND THEN SHE IS EXPECTED TO THANK God for that "Answer" - that's obscene.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN