Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Can someone please tell me what I said wrong?

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:35 AM
  • 10 Replies

So DH has this project truck that he bought for $700 and we have been slowly fixing it up. Well thanks to tax season, we were finally able to get it into the body shop for the much needed body work and paint job. 

I should say that the style of the truck is not my favorite. It has a flat front instead of a rounded front (its a 96'). 

Anywhoo, ive been helping hubby with the minor repairs that weve been doing ourselves and I like to see the new changes that he makes like changing the headlights, grill etc. 

Well last night he was showing me a van of the same year that he thought would be great for the family and I told him that I didnt like the style because of the flat front. The next thing I know, hes coming into the bedroom to tell me that hes going to take his best friend to see the truck when its done at the body shop instead of me. I was seriously hurt by that comment! I have been beside him from the beginning of this thing and to me, just because I dont like the style doesnt mean that Im not excited to see how its going to look when they are done. He says that it does and starts to compare it to shoes (which I dont think is at all the same). I told him that I feel like im being pushed aside for his best friend (and to me, thats BS!). 

DH and I have been incredibly close except lately we've gone through a few rough patches and I guess thats why im really hurt by his decision to take someone else to see the final product instead of me. I should also add that I feel that his friend is a butt kisser and always copies/agrees with DH (he also works for DH).

Seriously, did I say something wrong?

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ninipanini
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Your dh sounds like he's a little sensitive about the appearance of his truck.  Melodramatic reaction in my opinion.

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on May. 3, 2012 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this

IMO you are overreacting.

Tigress22304
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:56 AM

he's a guy-they're ALL about their cars/trucks appearance.

Dh's the same with his Dodge neon-he built it himself and brags like it's the latest and greatest.

He's just being butt hurt you insulted his baby's appearance.

mysticalmalissa
by Malissa on May. 3, 2012 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this

He's a man showing off his toy, nothing to get upset about.

Why cant you go to the shop and look at it yourself?

Islandmom2boys
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:57 AM
Some guys are sensitive about their vehicles, I know mine is. My Dh loves cars, probably more than he does me.

Just tell him you like the truck, you didn't like the van.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boysrablessing
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:58 AM
This. If he wants to be all oh well u cant go blah blah blah fine then go do ur thing I will see when it comes home. Pick and choose ur battles mama!

Quoting notjstasocermom:

IMO you are overreacting.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmsbowtie
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Hmm I'm on the fence on this one.  Dh restores and builds hotrods and while we do it together sometimes.  Often times he will take his brother and our son to do car stuff really not a big deal.  But maybe if it was a first build I'd be a little hurt by him taking someone else to pick it up.  With that said I wouldn't make a big deal about it I'd just be waiting when he got home with it camera ready to take some pictures of his new toy.  Good Luck

DVS
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this
You are acting like a baby

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

He's a man showing off his toy, nothing to get upset about.

Why cant you go to the shop and look at it yourself?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Livinwith3boys
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this

You insulted your husbands project....he wants someone there that is going to drool over it like he will, if he thinks you wont, he isn't going to want to take you to the big reveal...let him have his man moment, and you guys can oggle it when he brings it home!

cutebaby06
by Monica on May. 3, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Ok? Seems like a strange thing to get so upset over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)